AIM Expo 9-22 & 9-23 who's going.

2talltim

34 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Here is I this asshole. I wonder how he enjoyed his ride. :popcorn: 

20170924_125130.thumb.jpg.88a6e8a71324ea06586cc8c8ebdef444.jpg

What a piece of shit that bike is.  Hot as hell on the left side. Damn rev limiter hits you at 4800. So you have to shift 85 bazillion times to maintain any engine braking at all. Or you gear up and use the brakes. Fucking windshield is all the way up or all the way down.

It is very comfy, smooth on the road and other than having to shift every few hundred feet the engine is very peppy.

Oh, and it has this massive popcorn Harley bullshit thing going on on decel all the time.

Fuck that bike.

20 minutes ago, Tonik said:

What a piece of shit that bike is.  Hot as hell on the left side. Damn rev limiter hits you at 4800. So you have to shift 85 bazillion times to maintain any engine braking at all. Or you gear up and use the brakes. Fucking windshield is all the way up or all the way down.

It is very comfy, smooth on the road and other than having to shift every few hundred feet the engine is very peppy.

Oh, and it has this massive popcorn Harley bullshit thing going on on decel all the time.

Fuck that bike.

While I was waiting for my turn to demo the FZ10, I heard several people complaining about the rev range being narrow and the heat issue. First year guinea pig stuff. Good thing you test rode one before ordering.

44 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Fuck that bike.

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Okay my turn. The Z900 was a phenomenal bike. Power and smoothness everywhere. Pulls harder and smoother than the connie. The abs works as it should, at least the rear anyway, could not slide it. A bike that light should not have that much power yet it dose. Bars felt good and the seat was surprisingly okay for what it was, felt a little bit of buzzing under my bum at higher revs but not bad. My only issue was the peg height, they put my knees a little too high on the tank. But that's not the bikes fault I'm a giant. That motor is just perfect at all rev ranges and even pulls hard from down low. I felt a tad on the vulnerable side with no dash or windscreen or anything in front of me but that's just me too being used to the Connie after all these years. The way it slices through the air does not buffer or pull you out of the saddle either but only had it up to 70. So in a nut shell I loved it. And already told the wife that the first sub $5k one that hits the used market will be mine. 

Edited by 2talltim

That Indian Dark Horse thing I rode was peice of shit. I have never in my life felt such a clunky transmission or felt so much vibration in the frame and bars as I did with that thing. Only place it felt ok was in the 50 to 60 mph rage once your up to speed. $18k for that turd wtf?

I only rode it because the wife wanted to ride a scout. She actually liked it really well and said it was way more peppy and smooth than her Vstar 1100.

23313.thumb.jpeg.2a75e722523fe1394dfeaa30a3604069.jpeg23319.thumb.jpeg.22fd8302bd9947d30b18e71b6dd1d534.jpeg

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

The front wheel of that z900 may or may not have left the ground......a few times. 

I may or may not have done it right in front of the sweeper... after very obviously trying to clutch one up and failing. So there was no fibbing my way out of that one. I can tell you I will not be buying a Z650. Not for any objective reason, but because I'm broke and they wouldn't let me wheelie it.

5 hours ago, 2talltim said:

A birdie at the show told me that next year the show is going to be in Vagas then back to Columbus in 2020. Not sure how smart that bird was though.

Close, Vegas for 2018 but back to CMH for both 2019 and 2020. Was told this by several show people and the local Yamaha dealer rep.

Here is the picture album for what I took.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10212431324450992&type=1&l=4675a61a6a

I had a chance to demo ride 4 bikes on Friday.  The BMW R9T Racer, GSXR-750, R1-S and the Honda CB1100.  Was more impressed by the Honda than the other 3.  It was the bike that felt the most comfortable and in it's element at test ride speeds, If I could justify another bike it would be on the short list.  You could tell the GSXR and R1 were just out of their element riding in downtown traffic and were ready to go all out at any moment.  Caged animals just begging for an excuse to get you a ticket from the police.  The BMW wasn't a bad bike if you could get past the shifter.  I have ridden two of the R9T series bike now and neither was bad but the shifter felt vague and like you were trying to impose your will on the pedal through a weak spring.

Edited by vf1000ride

20 hours ago, Tonik said:

Fuck that bike.

I was really hoping for a good un-biased review....is that what this is?  LOL

It won't be long before Ivan has some of those issues you listed corrected. 

There has been a lot of complaints about the Raider only having a 5 speed.  But the Raider's 5th and the Venture's 6th have such a close gear ratio, it makes me think that I would rather not have that the 6th gear.  Your review definitely confirms that.

Edited by Ron505