More road morons

Qman

So.im.out on some.real backroads today, the kind the GSA was.made.for.  the road just qualifies for having a centeline.  So I get up behind Buick suv and he's going really slow and weaving a bit.  I figure its grandpa out for a Sunday drive.  Suddenly he brakes, then speeds up.  I go left, he goes left.  I ease back, then come up close again.  He goes left.  He puts his left signal on so I go right.  He goes rightand stops ..  I stop.  He gets out of the car in the middle of the road and comes.at.me.  his eyes are like saucers, beet red face.  Not an old guy at all...maybe 35-40.  starts cursing and yelling.about how I cant pass on a.double yellow line.  I yell back "I sure can if youre a slow.moving vehicle like a goddam.Amish buggy, and driving like a moron!."  I swung wide and passed quick.  Freakin meth-heads!

Edited by Qman
  • Upvote 2

I'll never understand why people feel the need to police the road? We pay people to do that job. If I can pass you without you having to change anything about the way you are driving (brake, swerve, etc) why does it bother you? 

• Upvote 2

at least he didn't swerve into you, had few of those, scary crap. After few of those i always try to pass all the way to the right edge of the lane and as fast as i can go so that the whole ordeal is faster than the guy can think and fathom and revenge plot etc. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

at least he didn't swerve into you, had few of those, scary crap. After few of those i always try to pass all the way to the right edge of the lane and as fast as i can go so that the whole ordeal is faster than the guy can think and fathom and revenge plot etc. 

Right edge, or left, when passing on left?    Right edge keeps you dangerously close to the vehicle, yes?

1 hour ago, hiro said:

I'd rather have a person like that in front of me instead of behind me where he could run into me. I wouldn't see him coming the way my mirrors are.

True.  I'm probably lucky this dooshnozzle didn't try to make contact. He definitely looked like he was "chemically modified".  Who was it that was selling a 9mm on here recently??

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I've ran into this a few times as well. I like to go out of my way to piss people off once they start acting like an asshat. We had a guy follow us for several miles after I waved at him...

This is where a handful of pennies in your tankbag comes in real handy!!!

I typically try to blast by these folks and keep railing. Most are not willing to run the pace I will especially if it gets twisty. There have been a couple times when this was modified. Following a member here that was concerned about a Cadillac being an off duty cop. My response was we already broke the law so let's just keep going is my thought. I passed an Explorer once with my daughter and the guy was tailgating at near 75-80 mph and I didn't want to push it more than that with her on board. Thankfully he came to his senses and backed off after a mile or so. 

3 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I get the desire, but doing that may turn your run-of-the-mill asshat into a homicidal road rager. 

Yea, it's fun to talk smack but actually doing it can get you killed. In a road rage battle between a car and bike the car is going to win.

2 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I get the desire, but doing that may turn your run-of-the-mill asshat into a homicidal road rager. 

Yeah, I've learned to just move along and get as far away from them as possible, especially when riding alone. But every once in awhile, they get to me.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

But every once in awhile, they get to me.

Yea, that happens to us all. Our street is two lanes, they allow parking on one side of the street.  So at times it's like dodge 'em cars, but most peeps are cool about it and we work together...give and take. But what I won't tolerate is a cager that thinks he can pass the parked cars in his lane and lane share with me going the other way. Usually I stop in the middle of the street and make them back up.

One guy didn't back up, I kicked his door in as he went by.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Yea, that happens to us all. Our street is two lanes, they allow parking on one side of the street.  So at times it's like dodge 'em cars, but most peeps are cool about it and we work together...give and take. But what I won't tolerate is a cager that thinks he can pass the parked cars in his lane and lane share with me going the other way. Usually I stop in the middle of the street and make them back up.

One guy didn't back up, I kicked his door in as he went by.

I usually just tell myself "Maybe they're having a bad day, let's give them a pass". This works for most cases except people on their cell phones.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JustinNck1 said:

I usually just tell myself "Maybe they're having a bad day, let's give them a pass". This works for most cases except people on their cell phones.

Yea, I was totally wrong.

I had my life threatened by two groups of hilljacks on SR 78 on Sunday. I swear, I'm no longer riding without a GoPro and a gun.

A buddy and I come up behind a jacked up truck. He starts swerving, and driving on the yellow line or in the left lane. It's immediately apparent he intends not to allow us to pass him. So my buddy goes around me on his S1000RR...the fastest bike of anyone I ride with by far, and gets on his ass. He starts to go left around white truck hilljack and is almost pushed off the road. He makes it past. Then I do the same thing, except my pass was more sketchy and around a blind corner, cause ol inbred didn't have the nuts to cross the center line there.

So we are ahead of him and start to pull away when we come around he next turn and there's a stop light and a one lane road for construction. This is in the middle of nowhere near Burr Oak. Now, I see we're going to have to stop with this blow hard right behind us. We get to the light and there are two cars to our front. We both are checking our mirrors to see what he's doing to do, and as soon as the door to his truck opens our kickstands come down and we dismount and prepare to defend ourselves.

'Ol' few teeth' starts in on us about how his wife got run off the road by us down on 78 last week, and how we're going to kill someone. I politely remind him that we weren't down there last week, he was the one driving on the wrong side of the road for miles, and that he also has a tail light out. This didn't curtail his anger.

Its then that I notice a man and a woman, both wearing cut off tshirts needing a laundering, both with less than a full mouth of teeth between the two of them, walking toward us huffing and puffing...presumably not from the slight walk up hill on their tired, tar filled lungs. But because they are angry too.

The man is closest to me and begins yelling at me about sport bikers on 78. He squares up and says "what's up then?!" as if he's like to fight. Now, had I taken him up on his offer, he'd be fistfightimg someone with full SNELL head and face protection and essentially wearing built-in brass knuckles. But I preferred to remain assault charge-less and declined. I would have wrecked his face. 

Then his fat wife says 'you try to pass us up here and we're going to run you over'. I think k to myself, 'I'm not taking the chance' and I wanted out of a situation in which I was steadily losing control. I quickly hop on my bike, ride through the fat couple. The fat man tries to grab me, then pushes me, and I ride through the red light, one lane road and attempt to leave. They hopped in their van and followed. I maintained a safe distance in from of them, while they tried to keep up dangerously.

i probably rode 10 miles and couldn't see my buddy behind me, and I had put a few hundred yards between the van and I. I could have put more but I was worried about speeding in case the incident had been reported. So I pull over at the state park to wait for my accomplice. 

Then I see the van taking aim at my bike. He pulls just past me, barely missing me as I pull away. I check my mirrors and he had jumped out of the van, fists in the air, saliva and foam shooting from his contorted lips. Ready to rumble....again, with someone that would have knocked him out in the first punch, and someone in which his direct punches to my helmet would have caused him more damage than I.

And I meet up with my buddy and we rode off...

We hadn't been down there in weeks. I don't know what these people were angry, but they threatened our lives. 2 groups of them. And it's not the first time. I am making some changes to how I protect myself while riding from now on. This event was the last straw.

• Upvote 1

So theyd rather have loud and slow cruisers holding up traffic than sportbikes flying by that dont affect them in the least, other than perhaps being startled.?

I guess I've been lucky I've never had issues "yet" with anyone. When I was in the Marines I had buddies that had some issues that they told me about after it happened but have been fortunate to always have nice rides with no issues. Minus of course oblivious cagers either to sucked into their phone or just not paying attention pulling out in front of me, changing lanes in front of me, the normal crap but once I have their attention they always get out of the way or look like they are going to shit themselves for not seeing me not wanting to pick a fight.