Please advise me on what bike to buy.

jschaf

I find that going anywhere up to 90 on open roads is not to bad but when you get on the highway in traffic then as you get the turbulent air off of semis and big trucks it beats the shit out of you over 75-80. In usually take backroads or if hitting the highway always try to find a open area to speed up into and ride until I catch the next cluster of traffic and then get in front of them in a nice open area. Doesn't always work if traffic is really thick. If I ever get the extra cash I'd like to have another bike with some wind protection for bad weather days, long rides, and riding in real cold weather. 33 degree mornings on a naked sucks bad.

why not zoidberg?

i think i'd get a ducati harley diavel if i already had a sportbike.  if not, then i'd get a street triple.  KTM any of the dukes would also be great.  naked fo lyfe

1 minute ago, jbot said:

why not zoidberg?

i think i'd get a ducati harley diavel if i already had a sportbike.  if not, then i'd get a street triple.  KTM any of the dukes would also be great.  naked fo lyfe

Street triple over the Speed triple??:dunno:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jbot said:

street triple fo sho.  light, handles very well, plenty of power, shares components with daytona.  what's not to like?

54 ft-pounds vs. 83.  Just sayin.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Qman said:

More like 77 & 83. Plus the new Street Triple has updated electronics package including the TFT display.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/roadsters-and-supersports/street-triple/2017/street-triple/variants/street-triple-rs

4 minutes ago, Qman said:

i'll leave the liter bikes to my betters.  i was very pleased with the 675 motor when i had the daytona.

8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

More like 77 & 83. Plus the new Street Triple has updated electronics package including the TFT display.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/roadsters-and-supersports/street-triple/2017/street-triple/variants/street-triple-rs

Better read that again.  The UNITS i used were FOOT-POUNDS, not Newton-Meters.:confused:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I stand corrected. Been a long day...

NP...also the OP said he wanted 150+HP....even the speed triple isn't quite there!

Personally i think that sort of power to weight has no place on the street, but i guess he did say possible track days.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Just based on people I've spoken with, is seems like the Street is capable of going faster on a tight technical back road.  Also, seems like Triumph has put more R&D and marketing into the Street3 than the Speed3.

I read recently the 1050 is the same unit since 1985..:cry:

Edited by motocat12

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

New street triple :bow: gonna be a giant killer if they have they keep sticking to the 675 tradition. 

Dad bought a 2018 Street Triple RS a couple months ago.  It's got a 765cc motor.  Big fun.  Too bad he got kicked by a horse two weeks ago and broke his arm, he's out for the rest of the year.