Please advise me on what bike to buy.

jschaf

I've decided to let the CBR go & am looking at getting another bike.  Since people on here find it appropriate to survey what color helmet they should buy I find it appropriate to ask the masses:  What bike should I buy?  Be advised, I may not take your advice. Bikes must be trackable & capable of demon releasing 500 mile street rides. Let's hear what you've got to say.

3 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Considering the R model with soft bags & aftermarket wind protection.  Concerned about limited dealerships & 9,000 mile valve checks though.

Valve check intervals are almost comical how ridiculous they are. The 1290 sure does have an awesome exhaust note.

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

Hello? I only know how to look for used bikes in the $2500 to $4500 range. I haven't ridden far, fast, or on a track. (I do want to get on a track one day.) I did give a ride to some cat food today! And the answer is white so my head will glow, although I really like orange.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiro said:

That was the first bike that came to mind. I only know that it's fast, cost a lot, and looks nice. Seems to meet the requirements.

Reports say it's very street-friendly....as street friendly as 200hp can be I guess! ;-)   Theres also the naked version, or the XR version.

Edited by Qman

Jim, Anything you ride is trackable. :D At your age I think that a Liter plus Adventure bike may increase your fun factor with the additional roads and trails that are open to you on adv's.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

S1000RR and put some risers on it Nancy boy. 

Jim I was not going to say anything but since 2 people have now mentioned it. I rode with a guy on a 2015 S1000RR at Mid O and it was a sweet looking bike. He had nothing but praise for the bike.