Sonik's maiden voyage. 7-22-17

Tonik

Bike back together finally. Took me three different try to get back wheel on without dropping the spacer and failed, send sos to @Al Z. Heimer, he walks in and put it in in 10 mins :D  

New rubber, bet the bike will handle better. Hehehe Now need to get some scrub run in before Saturday to get to know the bike better. Already forgot how it rode after all these weeks. 

Pauly if I am able to get out on time Saturday morning I will join you to make the run to New Concord. Don't want to commit anything now as I won't sleep then lol. I am going to pretend I am not going for a ride Friday night and sleep :D 

Edited by NinjaDoc

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Yea, gonna have to consider the source on this weather report.

It's because I'm hosting an event this weekend...  My uncanny ability to pick dates where it rains just far out does your ability to hold it off.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

It's because I'm hosting an event this weekend...  My uncanny ability to pick dates where it rains just far out does your ability to hold it off.  

haha i completely forgot about that derek, dank now i am in split mind. Whtr to join you guys or go with tonik. But i am thinking I will stick with tonik ride since you guys are not actually having a ride right?  Its more social interaction thingy right? i am a suckanova at that. Plus now i know why its gloriously hot and every day except the weekend when it will rain. Its YOUUUUUUUU hahha :lol:

Regarding weather/ dont mind the weather. Its only scattered shower at best. In fact i wish we get hit with some shower in between to cool us down. If no rain i plan to douse myself with cold water every stop and put ice slabs fresh from the freezer into the back protector pocket :D  This is gonna feel just like India haha 

just rode around flat neo yesterday, new tires are the best mod ever for a motorcycle. Soooooo much different than the old crappy tires that came with it. Response is incredible , i think i will have an inch or more of chicken strips with the way the bike turns almost vertical around corners with my style of riding. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

haha i completely forgot about that derek, dank now i am in split mind. Whtr to join you guys or go with tonik. But i am thinking I will stick with tonik ride since you guys are not actually having a ride right?  Its more social interaction thingy right? i am a suckanova at that. Plus now i know why its gloriously hot and every day except the weekend when it will rain. Its YOUUUUUUUU hahha :lol:

Regarding weather/ dont mind the weather. Its only scattered shower at best. In fact i wish we get hit with some shower in between to cool us down. If no rain i plan to douse myself with cold water every stop and put ice slabs fresh from the freezer into the back protector pocket :D  This is gonna feel just like India haha 

just rode around flat neo yesterday, new tires are the best mod ever for a motorcycle. Soooooo much different than the old crappy tires that came with it. Response is incredible , i think i will have an inch or more of chicken strips with the way the bike turns almost vertical around corners with my style of riding. 

Definitely go with Tonik.  I'm leaning towards cancelling my event as usual. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

You get lean angle Nivin idk what you are talking about.

Just now, DerekClouser said:

Excuse me... you should stick to your track forums with your lingo.  K THNX BAI 

Don't make me bump down to novice and stuff you into every corner at Mid Ohio. You'll never want to ride the track again....

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Don't make me bump down to novice and stuff you into every corner at Mid Ohio. You'll never want to ride the track again....

Dude I've always wanted you to stuff into me at every corner.  It's been my dream.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

You get lean angle Nivin idk what you are talking about.

just blabbering, :) i was just trying to describe the feel, like all other bikes I rode recently were heavy and i really have to work it, and the striple almost feels like going around corners upright. On smooth pavement love the light weight bikes. But the striple with its front stiffness and light weight,  As soon as its rough roads i am thrown all over the place and cant maintain the pace and rhythm at all. and FJR used to glide over them 

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

QFT

It hurts when u say that. :D once I get a ride in the fix will keep me away from forum for some days. Then it restarts again. This is the closest to riding I guess.... talking about motorcycles and  riding :) 

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

It hurts when u say that. :D once I get a ride in the fix will keep me away from forum for some days. Then it restarts again. This is the closest to riding I guess.... talking about motorcycles and  riding :) 

Then we all need to believe that Derek is a crappy weather man!!

20 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

But the striple with its front stiffness and light weight,  As soon as its rough roads i am thrown all over the place and cant maintain the pace and rhythm at all. and FJR used to glide over them 

That sounds more like a suspensions setup issue.  Perhaps too much preload or compression is set too stiff.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

That sounds more like a suspensions setup issue.  Perhaps too much preload or compression is set too stiff.

Everything lowest possible :( spring too stiff for me I guess. Weirdly the stock spring and oil weight seems to be good enough for me on paper, but in reality stiff. In fact it appeared stiff even for jerry when he tested it 

8 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Everything lowest possible :( spring too stiff for me I guess. Weirdly the stock spring and oil weight seems to be good enough for me on paper, but in reality stiff. In fact it appeared stiff even for jerry when he tested it 

That doesn't sound right.  Are you sure it has stock springs?

Fully adjustable suspension, correct?  If you have rebound set to the lowest possible setting, you'll get bounced all over the road.

Edited by Tpoppa

On 7/19/2017 at 1:45 AM, NinjaDoc said:

Bike back together finally. Took me three different try to get back wheel on without dropping the spacer and failed, send sos to @Al Z. Heimer, he walks in and put it in in 10 mins :D  

New rubber, bet the bike will handle better. Hehehe Now need to get some scrub run in before Saturday to get to know the bike better. Already forgot how it rode after all these weeks. 

Pauly if I am able to get out on time Saturday morning I will join you to make the run to New Concord. Don't want to commit anything now as I won't sleep then lol. I am going to pretend I am not going for a ride Friday night and sleep :D 

The spacer on the triple is the worst part of the tire change process. It's such a pain in the ass to get that to stay on there + get the brake caliper back on correctly. I did find that using my foot as a lever under the wheel when trying to mount makes it easier, but still not easy. 

Just now, what said:

using my foot as a lever under the wheel when trying to mount makes it easier

On the Whale I have that issue....jack it up higher then put a floor jack under the tire.