Sonik's maiden voyage. 7-22-17

Tonik

1 minute ago, thompsonian said:

Ooooohhhhhh.....he gon' need some cream for that one...

burns a little bit then....he is just gonna laugh in our face, take his bike and go on another 5K mile perfect bike trip some where during his next vacation while we sit here and suffer in the rain, and post crap here, 0 miles clicking on the odo :yuno:  .... the only good side on that is ........ they wont invite tonic next time as well :D 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

burns a little bit then....he is just gonna laugh in our face, take his bike and go on another 5K mile perfect bike trip some where during his next vacation while we sit here and suffer in the rain, and post crap here, 0 miles clicking on the odo :yuno:  .... the only good side on that is ........ they wont invite tonic next time as well :D 

Funny you mention that....I might have another bike trip for next weekend in planning with my dad. :D

15 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

11,000 miles in the books this year and maybe only 300 of that was in the rain. Maybe the dome belongs to me now.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

How about a report that says 100% chance of @2talltim is a little bitch?

Yup but this mutt likes to stay dry.

I don't mind getting caught in the rain I'm usually prepared for it but I'm not going to head directly into it. 

So I'll be a last minute decision in the morning.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

That one time was more like a monsoon.

20170606_094938.thumb.jpg.685510f079ee1a76b033a3d03a96c603.jpg

More like three times. Once in Missouri once in Mississippi and once in Pennsylvania. Those three times probably netted less than 150 miles.

• Upvote 1

the radar looks like its raining in columbus area now. is it actually raining there? if thats not happening the next set of darkies behind it wont rain on us tomorrow. A theory not at all based on science but just hope. 

It's been thundering in columbus off and on since it woke me up at 4 this morning. Dry here now but cloudy.

@NinjaDoc -  your suspension rebound and compression damping should be set to factory settings until @Tpoppa, @Isaac's Papa or someone else that knows what they're doing sets it up for you. There's no "right" answer, suspension is about feel. Even with the pros on the race track, they will have their suspension tech set the bike up the way they think it should be, the rider will take the bike out, say it's doing X in corner 3 and Y in corner 7 that they don't like and the suspension tech will adjust things again. Rinse and repeat until the rider likes the way everything feels. It's more of an art than a science since "feel" is very different with every rider. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thompsonian said:

It's pissing it down here in the SEO. I think once this front blows over the next one will stay well north of Columbus

Dayum, so the radar is right on the money :( i was hoping it would fizzle away. Well that means tomorrow is gonna be very tough. The front tomorrow is bigger size than today.  If this keeps up sunday might be dry for sure then coz rest of the tail is insignificant 

Will wait till tonight to see, if the weather look like there is enough window of opportunity to get out early and head south to miss the mid to upper ohio area rain i will still try for that.  if not will have to sit this one out, then i am just gonna kick and punch some crap around here and sulk all day in self consuming frustration about unchangeable fate and weather. 

2 hours ago, what said:

It's been thundering in columbus off and on since it woke me up at 4 this morning. Dry here now but cloudy.

@NinjaDoc -  your suspension rebound and compression damping should be set to factory settings until @Tpoppa, @Isaac's Papa or someone else that knows what they're doing sets it up for you. There's no "right" answer, suspension is about feel. Even with the pros on the race track, they will have their suspension tech set the bike up the way they think it should be, the rider will take the bike out, say it's doing X in corner 3 and Y in corner 7 that they don't like and the suspension tech will adjust things again. Rinse and repeat until the rider likes the way everything feels. It's more of an art than a science since "feel" is very different with every rider. 

yes, definitely  i plan to do that. But  Suspension setting is not at all a dark art if you have some basic understanding and used to just riding based on the instinct and feel, and the setting is not put into extreme worse spectrum of adjustment. There is mainly only three things/ SAG/ compression/ Rebound.  Once with help of second person to measure the sag is set as much close to recommended setting as possible all that remains is  (compression / dampning) which mainly is based on your riding style. The main difference between track and road is the varying road conditions,  varying speeds etc unless we have fancy skyhook/ddc etc, You sort of go for a happy medium/ which is tailor made for you/ which only we can get by understanding and attempting to do it ourselves / put it in factory recommended setting for starters/ and then by riding around different roads, stopping and clicking +/- until we find a comfortable yet confident place. The current setting is okay and i am happy with it. As of now, no diving,no pogo sticking, no bounce, no wallowing, etc but  In my mind i prefer i wish it was two more clicks softer, but i am already maxed out on clicks to go with this.The option remaining is getting lower weight oil / dont want to spend money on valving/ for sag getting lower spring etc I plan to do in winter if i like this bike and plan to keep it for next year. 

Still Having said that I am gonna pick the brains of them guys next time we have break during ride and then go over everything to double check if i am doing it right way. Always surprised by what another set of experienced eyes brings to the table. And the worse part for street triple is the insane place where the rebound screw is located on the forks right below handle bar and no direct access with screw driver. Gonna bring my low profile tool and stuff to next group ride and check with them guys.  

Edited by NinjaDoc

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

He seems to be enjoying too much, we need to bad324 him 

:lol: damn you Nivin

but damn do I miss the days of being single, not having to pay for a cell phone, the truck it's gas or insurance, and rent being only $600/month with minimal utility bills  and no yard to maintain