Chain 2 choices Not DID

motocat12

Chains probably rebranded anyway  

1. 1. Which'un

• JT Sprockettaiwan
    • Bikemaster Japan

I want to try out one of these two x-ring chains

Bikemaster made in Japan https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J0QLLG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1TFBK3C7LO58P&psc=1

claims better round rivets/ad shows quad rivets?

JT sprockets.. made in Taiwanhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I9SGTVI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Plus a chained hookr

15 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

haven't had a bike with a chain in years but is there really that much savings by going sub-par brand?

If JT is sub par why don't DID chains break their sprockets? These days any top "brand" can take a crap in a box and slap a logo on it. Ref Shoei thread.

Curiosity. Some brands rest on their laurels selling at the same price and others push development.

18 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

If JT is sub par why don't DID chains break their sprockets? These days any top "brand" can take a crap in a box and slap a logo on it. Ref Shoei thread.

Curiosity. Some brands rest on their laurels selling at the same price and others push development.

I guess devil's advocate would be why ask then. If it's all the same cheap junk, just buy the cheapest and be done. I honestly know nothing about chains, but I'm sure the difference in price between brands isn't astronomical.

• Upvote 1

I purchased a JT chain from Rocky Mountain for my 600rr since the DID kit I purchased prior came with JT sprockets. After the 1st ride I was finding O-ring grease on my lower fairing. I decided then I'd stick to DID chains. JT seems to make decent sprockets but he sucks at making chains as far as I'm concerned. 

newer chain more often instead of running the most expensive chain longer? So the Shinkos don't feel outclassed:beating:

were the chain tools made in japan? 

2 minutes ago, durk said:

O-ring grease on my lower fairing.

you cleaned the factory grease off before install then the internal grease came out?? Techs say its more if an anti shelf corrosion  grease than lube and to clean/lube it at install

I did not clean the factory grease off. I never have for a new chain just ran it out of the box. Sure I've had that grease splatter on the lower fairing, but this was not that. It was internal grease. It kept reoccurring even after being cleaned and waxed. Looked like big slimy balls of snot on the lower fairing. I just kept lubing the crap out of it. I ended up selling the bike shortly after replacing the chain. 

Pretty sure the stock chain on my street triple is DID and that effer has 24000 miles on it. New DID chain and JT sprockets sitting in a box on my couch right now. 

Not sure where here to go to get it out on though :|

That was an option. Didn't want to do it unsupervised for the first time though. Broken chain, no thx.

All flights to jersey were cancelled today so I'm currently in the way back seats of some shitty dodge SUV crammed with 4 other grown ass men driving down 70... we had to stop and buy a roof rack for luggage because we couldn't fit all our bags in the car. Only 6 more hours of driving!

United airlines sucks ass. 

• Upvote 1

My stock chain was DID and it was shot before 5k miles.  I installed a RK Max x chain and it literally lasted 50 miles.  Too weak for the R1.  I went with another EK MVXZ after having good luck with them in the past.  And now they make one of the stongest lightest chain on the market.  The 3D chain.  Too expensive for my blood.  

I tried to return the rk chain under warranty but they will not respond to me.  So no more RK products for me

Edited by serpentracer

On 7/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, 2talltim said:

If he only knew a place that could quote him a good price on a quality brand chain. :dunno:

I got this one from a place someone recommended, for my 4 wheeler and its been a great chain. It has what they call lightning holes in the links, to reduce weight. only rated @ 90 hp which is plenty for my 700 stroker.

https://www.ridersdiscount.com/ek-chain-520-srxg-quadra-x-ring-70-links-gold-158890

Edited by M_Quick