Bike Transport Options?

hiro

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You only need to find the beginning. They have signs the rest of the way.

I would hope. I'll probably ride out to the begging to see what's out there. It's across St. Marys Bridge near Roy's Gun Shop & Appliances. heh

What's a good type of trailer to buy? I was thinking, if I don't ride it, instead of paying $500 for transport or renting a trailer, I could just invest in a trailer. I did see one before that folds and stands up for storage, but I'm not rich. Useful in the future, not doubt.

7 minutes ago, hiro said:

What's a good type of trailer to buy? I was thinking, if I don't ride it, instead of paying $500 for transport or renting a trailer, I could just invest in a trailer. I did see one before that folds and stands up for storage, but I'm not rich. Useful in the future, not doubt.

Harbor Freight makes a 4x8 folding trailer that lots of peeps modify to haul a motorcycle.  Not much too it, plywood the top, and some rails and tie downs. Should be able to do it easily for under 500.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/327645-much-overdue-harbor-freight-trailer-thread-long-pics.html

Nice trailer mod. Wow, now the moving company itself said that they could put the bike on the truck with everything else and only charge $50 to deliver it. I would how it would fair in a moving truck with boxes. The corporate relo person initially said no, so it needs confirmation, too.

1 hour ago, hiro said:

Nice trailer mod. Wow, now the moving company itself said that they could put the bike on the truck with everything else and only charge $50 to deliver it. I would how it would fair in a moving truck with boxes. The corporate relo person initially said no, so it needs confirmation, too.

How well the bike will do depends on how well it is secured and how well your belongings are secured. As far as the corporate relo homo goes in my mind if there is room on the unit for your bike and you want pay to have them transport it and they are willing to do it said relo man is not part of the equation. That would be a separate contract between you and the mover. No different than if someone else has stuff they want to go to that destination. Pay the 50 bucks and move on. 

Yeah, I might just do it. I was starting to get excited about riding, but it will be a hectic time with selling a house, moving multiple cats, going into corporate housing temporarily, and buying another house.

I don't know if the relo issue has to do with misinformation or maybe past experience with damage. Or maybe they never moved a person with a bike. Just need to double check.