Ricer1 in trouble

Tonik

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Confirmation from the family. Its true, he is back. A little spacey at times but no big deal.

This is amazing, been praying for John and his family every day since I heard.  It is a miracle and it was not his time.  Now it's time for recovery, keep us posted.  We will be waiting at the next stop John!!

Amazing news. As i kept saying, john always shows up at the next intersection. 

I guess since we already have confirmation this doesnt matter much. But I looked through some contacts, and saw one of my junior from med school days is currently doing critical care fellowship in CCF. Havent talked to this guy in over 10 yrs  lol no txt no call nothing, and today morning i send him facebook message and asked if he has access to care for john,to give some info prognosis/ current state/ and plan for transfer out etc. More than likely  he wont reply since he probably completely forgot who i am :) 

Just now, Tonik said:

Just finished my visit. Short version. F'ing miracle.

Long version... he is totally there, remembers our ride the day before. Remembers specifics of the fz6 and who he knows had one. Details about me, my son...everyone. Maybe a tiny bit slow remembering really complicated words.... like medical terms. But that is a maybe. He always had a bit of that style in the way he talked, he would pause to make sure he was using the exact word he wanted.

He is moving any second now to Metro for rehab. Both physical and cognitive. 8 days without moving creates a fair amount of physical issues that you just need to exercise through. Any cognitive rehab will be based on an evaluation. 

Exactly how I saw it when I talked to him!  Awesome!

So glad to read all of this.

Awake and "a little spacey" is so much better than struggling to breathe on his own!

The human body is remarkable and sometimes mysterious.  Hopefully John's body just needed a little time to rest, and now body and mind are ready to fully recover.  It sounds like he's well on his way.

Glad everything turned out well. After my dad had his strokes last year he had some memory/cognition problems for a while but that has gotten better over time. It takes a little while but the brain adapts. Hopefully the same will be true for John. Fingers crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...