Ricer1 in trouble

Tonik

He had a heart attack Sunday. He was out for some time but they revived him and put a stint in his heart.

But he is still out, they are very concerned about brain damage. This is not good gang. I am going to visit tomorrow, he is in CCU at Southwest General Hospital in Middleburg Heights. Visiting is 11 to 8.

Edited by Tonik

holy crap, this is absolutely terrible :(  He is one of the nicest person in OR and was taking care of himself real good by doing all the right things like diet exercise etc. Got to talk with him a lot during our last ride and got to know how good of a person he is behind the screen persona. All prayers and good wishes to him and his family from the bottom of my heart. Tonik keep us posted. (Tonic can you pm me his last name?, i just know his first name) 

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

holy crap, this is absolutely terrible :(  He is one of the nicest person in OR and was taking care of himself real good by doing all the right things like diet exercise etc. Got to talk with him a lot during our last ride and got to know how good of a person he is behind the screen persona. All prayers and good wishes to him and his family from the bottom of my heart. Tonik keep us posted. (Tonic can you pm me his last name?, i just know his first name) 

PM'd

We will be praying for this guy and his family.  Feels like yesterday we were hanging out at the hungry bear eating breakfast and talking about riding.  He is a fantastic dude and I hate to hear this, especially since he works really hard to stay healthy.  Really shocked to hear this, please keep us updated.

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Change in plans, I am going right after work.  Should be there 5ish.

Please update me when you can.  I talked to his daughter last night and asked for her to keep me in the loop.  I sent her a text this morning for an update, but haven't heard anything. 

Update: 

@whaler was able to get to the hospital this morning and meet with John's family and John.  

They put John into a hypothermia state over the last 24 hours trying to preserve any brain functioning that he may still have.  Last night as of 9pm they stopped the hypothermia.  This morning at 9am they are starting to warm him back up over the next 24 hours.  They had him sedated and pulled him out of sedation this morning.  He was responsive to the touch on his body.  He's still on a ventilator but the prognosis is much more positive today than yesterday.  Heart functionality is still at 100% which is fantastic.  Brain functionality still needs to be assessed (scheduled for Wednesday as long as things continue the way they are).  Brian believes he is aware of his surroundings.  He seems to respond to sounds, touches, and other things in the room.  

John definitely has a ton of support there with him from his family and friends, which we knew because of the type of guy he is.   

John is definitely a fighter. 

KEEP FIGHTING JOHN!  WE ARE ALL HERE SUPPORTING YOU!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Horrible to hear this.   Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.   Hopefully he pulls through this ok.  Will watch for updates here.

Couldn't have said it better. Really hope he pulls through. 

• Upvote 1

Damn man...  I'm glad to hear there's some positive news, but it's also sounding more serious than I had been thinking.

How does something like this happen to a person who takes care of himself? I'm sitting here questioning my own mortality now.