Choose Me Helmet Color

hiro

Choose Me Helmet Color  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer out of these limited choices?

• Black
    • White
    • Silver
    • Anthracite
    • Hookers and Blow

38 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

Though not an officially recognized color by PANTONE, every poll is supposed to have "Hookers and Blow" as a selection.  -2 ORDN internet points 

Really tempted to add that in.

Get white or a hi-viz color...the helmet is the highest object on you and the bike and what people will see over the top of other vehicles so make it conspicuous. Helmets with graphics look cool and all but don't typically lend themselves to maximizing your visibility to others.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Get white or a hi-viz color...the helmet is the highest object on you and the bike and what people will see over the top of other vehicles so make it conspicuous. Helmets with graphics look cool and all but don't typically lend themselves to maximizing your visibility to others.

This. That's why my helmet is white. 

• Upvote 1

Even though I have a green bike and some green on my jacket, I was thinking of going with an orange helmet. (The jacket should be replaced soon anyway. Maybe next year. And I don't care about matching the bike.)

shoei_rf_sr_orange_right_center.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hiro said:

Even though I have a green bike and some green on my jacket, I was thinking of going with an orange helmet. (The jacket should be replaced soon anyway. Maybe next year. And I don't care about matching the bike.)

shoei_rf_sr_orange_right_center.jpg

What r u going to do in the fall when that blends in with the leaf foliage? Or Columbus cause there's always fucking construction barrels everywhere. I think you need multiple helmets in different colors depending on your riding situation area. :lol:

So, the point of asking was to see what other people would like when offered limited options. I guess there are only two main factors; visibility for safety or just liking the way it looks. That shiny primer grey though, reminds me of so many muscle cars I used to see that were supposedly going to be painted one day. Usually ended up rusting first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

wtf is this thread and why does it exist?

It doesn't exist. You imaged it.

Honestly, I was about to place an order, but got hung up on the last consideration: color. So I thought a few opinions would fix that. Like good and bad reviews, people tend to speak up about what they love or hate so I thought it would be painless. Wrong again! haha

Maybe this forum could use a noob-friendly section where silly, basic questions are OK? A safe, happy place? haha