mello dude

I am on 7 or 8 MC forums for a around 7 years or so, and I have been photo posting with Photobucket. My habit has been to download the photo from my camera or phone onto my tower, do an edit and then upload into photobucket.  Well, PB just fucked everyone who did any 3rd party hosting, Jeez, I have 500ish photos on forums that are now squashed. PB wants $400 now for 3rd party work. Um, can you say ransom? (pissed!) 

Well, next step.. What are you guys doing and who can do the hosting now and not get hosed later?

Beers to all..

Edited by mello dude

7 hours ago, mello dude said:

What are you guys doing and who can do the hosting now and not get hosed later?

Nothing is future proofed in the interwebs/IT.  It's a big concern in the field where evolving technology causes data loss because the old technology is no longer supported. Think floppy disks.  If all your data is on floppies there is a time when you will no longer be able to buy a floppy drive to read them.

If you want a better chance at keeping your images valid then go with a pay service. I use Smugmug for my photo's.  Its like 25 bucks a year.  Flikr is good but with the recent buyout of Yahoo by Verizon I would be careful with that one. Who knows WTF Verizon will charge in the future.

On 7/6/2017 at 6:07 PM, Tonik said:

Looks like you attached the image. The Photobucket issue is when you link to them.

I always link them, i choose share, then link, then for this site the direct link. My bucket is privet so it wont link you to anything other than the picture shown.

20151129_204056_zpsru2rprfi.jpg

Edited by M_Quick

38 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

I always link them, i choose share, then link, then for this site the direct link. My bucket is privet so it wont link you to anything other than the picture shown.

Interesting. Normally when I use my mod powers to edit a post I see the hyperlink instead of the picture. I don't when I hit yours.

Casper probably broke that too.

2 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I got my ransom email last night.  They can pound sand.  I will be deleting everything with them when I get home from the race weekend.

Maybe mine is just delayed still...?

22 hours ago, Tonik said:

Interesting. Normally when I use my mod powers to edit a post I see the hyperlink instead of the picture. I don't when I hit yours.

Casper probably broke that too.

Hit the source button.