Columbus Bikes

Hannah

Hello! 

I'm interested in practicing for the motorcycle test (have my permit) and would like to borrow a bike for a day sometime next week. 

I've rode motorbikes while traveling abroad - so I'm not completely new - but could use some practice on a real bike.

Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 1

Agreed about taking the course. $50 and you get a $50 insurance discount. There is one starting tomorrow! Listed twice it seems. Once for ONE opening and another time it shows walk-in only. Odds are not to bad for a walk-in from what I've seen.

7/6/2017 - 7/9/2017
Thursday(7/6) 06:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Saturday(7/8) 07:00 AM - 01:00 PM; Sunday(7/9) 07:00 AM - 01:00 PM;

Welcome 

if you don't have a motorcycle the link @Isaac's Papa provided would be perfect. You'll spend 2 days practicing and ride through the test course at the end. If all goes well they'll give you a certificate stating you've passed the course and you can get your license. For $50 it's a no brainer. They supply the motorcycle for the course. 

• Upvote 1

welcome to OR don't let the leg Humpers get to you unless they let you use their bike :eatdrink:.                                               on second thought you  better just  borrow a bike from a bar parking lot take it out for a joyride bring it back park it in a ditch & go in bar & say you just  caught  somebody stealing a bike and you will end up getting free drinks.                       Motorcycle safety course is the way to go don't try to One wheel it or scrape pegs 

• Upvote 1

She said real bike, anybody got a harley? 

er... ducati? 

Take the MSF course, it lets you skip the riding portion of the license test and is all-around a good idea. There are even a few instructors associated with this forum if you happen to have any questions. Right @jacobhawkins? :p 

Edited by what
starbucks
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, unfortunately, no one is likely to volunteer their bike. It might be different if it were a dirt bike kept off road.

Hey, anyone want to let me ride a dirt bike?? I think it would help my street skills. One day Imma get one.

You can borrow my GSXS while I am out of town next week.  Real world practice is the way to go..  I'll leave my garage unlocked.  Just lock it up after you are finished.  Can you feed the fish while you are there?

• Upvote 3

There are some races this weekend up at Mid-O, you can borrow my Ducati if you want to use the races as practice. It's in the middleweight twin class. I think it's only a couple hundred bucks to register and race. 

• Upvote 1