less safe time to ride?

hiro

I agree 100% with @Strictly Street!!!  Any weekend between the hours of midnight and 3 AM and just about any time on holiday weekends, I have always referred to those times on the roads as "Amateur Hour"....with all the terrible things that go along with drinking, driving and stupidity.  Not to mention the giant woods rats with big brown eyes tend to wander across highways during those hours.  Certainly wouldn't write it off completely, as the temps are perfect that time of night, but I'd make it a short ride at an easy pace.

Yeah, I was wondering what time bars close in Ohio. (I'm not a drinker...or social for that matter. haha) Are bars allowed to stay open later of certain occasions? I guess there might be traffic from non-local holiday visitors, too. So regular weekday nights are not so bad? I don't know if it's true, but people seem to disappear from the streets earlier compared to NJ.

At about 11 am on a July 5th many moons ago...We had a drunk driver go the wrong way up the one way street, hitting cars and jumping out and running.  He came to me asking to hide, so I put him in the garage and closed the door (no other exits).  Oops, I didn't tell him it he couldn't open it from the inside.  I flagged down the next officer to come by, and they wrapped him all up.  Oh yeah, I had to tell them to ignore the nicely wrapped (inert) demolitions charges on  the workbench.  I was prepping for a class I was teaching, and damn sure didn't want the bomb squad messing around with my stuff.  Nowadays, I'm sure I'd have a visit from the ATF and FBI.

Edited by SFDemo
stupid
  • Upvote 2

I've always heard that after midnight 50% of the drivers on the road are impaired.  That means, if you're sober, every other vehicle you encounter is not (50% right?).  So your best bet is to be drunk so you'll know the other guy isn't!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

I've always heard that after midnight 50% of the drivers on the road are impaired.  That means, if you're sober, every other vehicle you encounter is not (50% right?).  So your best bet is to be drunk so you'll know the other guy isn't!

That's best, bro. hehe I knew I should've taken up drinking.