Sunday 7/2 any one riding

NinjaDoc

Few of us heading out from canfeild sheetz at 8:30 am, pace will be close to fast to Mach retard at first just few sections. Once the urge is purged will settle down to medium paced ride. Which will still be too dangerous to new riders. Just wanted to post up in case some unfortunate souls like me where looking to get out for a ride and couldn't find peeps to ride with. 

Home safe 310ish miles,great riding and beautiful weather. No cops no drops, many close calls. Sped a bit, cruised a bit and even ripped it a bit. Nice seeing you Justin. Made it home, by the time I pulled in it was just air and rubber the thickness of balloon remaining in there lol 

• Upvote 2

on a side note, didnt get time to check the video yet, hopefully have the video of pauly trying to hitch a ride inside the mini van :) 

and most importantly havent been on 536 after new pavement 

536 is so beautiful 7ght8xf56n-4.png

255 is how-to-draw-the-no-rage-face-step-5_1_00

but  once this road gets paved, its going to be amazing 

How are you liking the Streety so far Nivin?

**Forgot to add - there was a white street triple in the A group at Mid Ohio yesterday. It's possible to run a hot pace on the track with it, I now have evidence. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

It's pretty funny to watch these vids and see how relaxed that lens makes these corners seem. That's easily one of the twistiest roads in Ohio. 

I agree. I've rode 536 3-4 times. It is definitely twisty and the video does it no justice. I feel like I ride it at a turtle's pace. I struggle to get comfortable on it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EOdesmo said:

Great video Doc. I'm headed out the door right now for some SEO twisty fun. May put 536 on the play list :-) 

Have a Happy 4th everyone!

Ty, you and @JustinNck1 need to move to Michigan for a year to really appreciate where you guys live :) 

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

It's pretty funny to watch these vids and see how relaxed that lens makes these corners seem. That's easily one of the twistiest roads in Ohio. 

Exactly, in the videos it all looks smooth and like 40mph curves, but 536 is almost as good as any dragon area roads at its present condition. I almost feel bad for peeps who miss such great roads in seo and keep spending ton of money for weekend down at gap. Mainly Michigan folks who can have a splendid weekend in seo. I am gonna ask some of my old Michigan guys if they be interested in a weekend trip like that, and may be introduce them to Justin and Eod :) 

57 minutes ago, what said:

How are you liking the Streety so far Nivin?

**Forgot to add - there was a white street triple in the A group at Mid Ohio yesterday. It's possible to run a hot pace on the track with it, I now have evidence. 

Loving it so far, miss the big engine tourque to catapault out of corner which was my favorite part of riding. Now relearning this bike which I will need to learn to carry more entry speed and keep rpm much higher, which I have to get used to the screaming engine first. :) overall Among the many one night stand this is the one I am saving the number next to vstrom. 

34 minutes ago, durk said:

I agree. I've rode 536 3-4 times. It is definitely twisty and the video does it no justice. I feel like I ride it at a turtle's pace. I struggle to get comfortable on it. 

Exactly, it's a tricky road to learn since the corner geometry keeps changing and making it hard to find the rythm. But couple more runs and I will have a photo memory :) if 255 gets paved we can keep looping that circle all day long. Don't really like going south of either of these roads though, I am a big fried brown chicken when it comes to downward slope and hard turns :( 

23 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Michigan folks who can have a splendid weekend in seo. I am gonna ask some of my old Michigan guys if they be interested in a weekend trip like that, and may be introduce them to Justin and Eod :) 

Really. You may want to rethink this. Remember what happened last time. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Loving it so far, miss the big engine tourque to catapault out of corner which was my favorite part of riding. Now relearning this bike which I will need to learn to carry more entry speed and keep rpm much higher, which I have to get used to the screaming engine first. :) overall Among the many one night stand this is the one I am saving the number next to vstrom. 

Exactly, it's a tricky road to learn since the corner geometry keeps changing and making it hard to find the rythm. But couple more runs and I will have a photo memory :) if 255 gets paved we can keep looping that circle all day long. Don't really like going south of either of these roads though, I am a big fried brown chicken when it comes to downward slope and hard turns :( 

The triple really loves to be in the 8,000 - 12,000 rpm range. I've found 8,500 - 9,500 to be about the best spot for torque. 

24 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Really. You may want to rethink this. Remember what happened last time. 

:( that guy was a total noob but introduced himself as" done track days" and stuff, and my fault for not emphasizing to him to stay put and behind thinking it will offend him. this is why i like UP/ pauly etc, they tell you straight to your face if your dangerous and go back of the line or even go home. Well both of us payed the price. He is not gonna ride any more and i dont extend open invites to folks I really dont know like i used to :( 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Just now, what said:

The triple really loves to be in the 8,000 - 12,000 rpm range. I've found 8,500 - 9,500 to be about the best spot for torque. 

yea its a different bike up there, great street bike low down and good supersport higher up :D  

Whats the next poison your looking at if not for the fz10? or just getting a different trackie? 

there is only one bike i can see myself on next year if i feel like experimenting. Waiting for good deals on that in a year or two.  And only once i sell both bikes will i buy new ones :nono:

Just now, NinjaDoc said:

yea its a different bike up there, great street bike low down and good supersport higher up :D  

Whats the next poison your looking at if not for the fz10? or just getting a different trackie? 

there is only one bike i can see myself on next year if i feel like experimenting. Waiting for good deals on that in a year or two.  And only once i sell both bikes will i buy new ones :nono:

I'm keeping it a surprise. It's a bike people know on these forums, I'll leave it at that. 

Thought you'd start those bike reveal threads and then get off scot free eh? 

• Upvote 1