NEO custom ECU Tuners?

mojocho

Does he do ECU tuning?  I didn't see it mentioned at all on his website.  Only Power Commanders.  I'm looking for someone who dyno's and then uses FTECU or Woolich or something like that to tune directly to the ECU.  I'm not going to to the piggy back route.

Fuel tuning with flashtune is a pain in the ass as you have to reflash the ecu after each change which takes like 10-15 minutes. I still use a power commander for all my fuel mapping. Flashtune is used for everything else. What kind of bike do you have?

14 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Fuel tuning with flashtune is a pain in the ass as you have to reflash the ecu after each change which takes like 10-15 minutes. I still use a power commander for all my fuel mapping. Flashtune is used for everything else. What kind of bike do you have?

It's for my '16 R1.  I did the ECU flash through Superbike Unlimited which took care of all the restrictions and changed several things.  They use Flashtune.  However the fuel mapping is generic as they specialize on the Graves exhaust.  I still have the on-off twitchy throttle and really bad popping on decel.  There are a few flat spots.  Etc.  Spoke with them but they can't do anything without a custom tune and they are in NC.  I know a custom tune would be better.

I heard that the ECU would "fight" a PC mapping.  Not too mention, you'd still need a custom tune and added expense of buying a PC or Bazazz.

Can't believe there isn't one around here.  I guess I'll expand my search to about 200 miles.  Was really hoping a track junkie or racer would have a bead on an local ECU tuner.

11 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Maybe try J.D. Hord, not sure what all he does.

https://www.hordpower.com/

Thanks for the find.  I'll give them a call.  Have you used them?  

Anyone else use these guys?  Let me know if anyone else has good or bad experience with anyone else.

53 minutes ago, mojocho said:

I heard that the ECU would "fight" a PC mapping.  

ECU mods are always a better way to go. They can change timing...and have it change again based on temp and altitude. Fix throttle response since most are drive by wire now. All kinds of stuff.

Expand your search as far as you have to so you get the right guy. It will be worth it.

51 minutes ago, Tonik said:

ECU mods are always a better way to go. They can change timing...and have it change again based on temp and altitude. Fix throttle response since most are drive by wire now. All kinds of stuff.

Expand your search as far as you have to so you get the right guy. It will be worth it.

good advice.  thx

Your twitchy throttle is from the etv mapping. Surprised it's twitchy if Freddie flashed it but who knows what map they put in for you. Are you able to flash it yourself? I'd be happy to send you my maps to try. Honestly not sure how any tuner can smooth it out on a dyno. You really need to be riding it and feel it while picking up the throttle mid corner.  You can piggyback a pc on top of the flash without issues. I had a ton of popping before I put the pc and autotune on. Now it's very minimal. I have a 15 R1 and mapped mine myself with some help from Mark Junge. Send me a pm if you want to talk. I'll send you my number 

Edited by OSUYZFR1
Mis type
  • Upvote 1

On 6/30/2017 at 7:27 PM, OSUYZFR1 said:

Your twitchy throttle is from the etv mapping. Surprised it's twitchy if Freddie flashed it but who knows what map they put in for you. Are you able to flash it yourself? I'd be happy to send you my maps to try. Honestly not sure how any tuner can smooth it out on a dyno. You really need to be riding it and feel it while picking up the throttle mid corner.  You can piggyback a pc on top of the flash without issues. I had a ton of popping before I put the pc and autotune on. Now it's very minimal. I have a 15 R1 and mapped mine myself with some help from Mark Junge. Send me a pm if you want to talk. I'll send you my number 

I'll send you a PM.  Appreciate the help.  I've got a bad flat spot around 6k and Power 1-3 is just unbearable in 1st gear with on/off throttle.  Was considering the Activetune from FTECU.  But I don't have the bench kit to flash it myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 5:11 PM, OSUYZFR1 said:

Damn.  Woolich only takes 2 mins to erase and write to the ecu.

you could check with Brocks performance in dayton.  They do dyno tuning and have a good rep.

Edited by serpentracer