Ninja 1000sx owners information

Tonyblaze

Are there any Ninja 1000sx owners out there that can tell me why I need to buy one? I'm arguing between the Ninja and the Multistrada. I realize that's its not an apples to apples comparison but I'm thinking that the Ninja gets me close enough to the orange that I don't need to drop another car payment to get it. Coming from the Street Triple R. Love the bike but need something that will carry a pillion without instilling fear in my heart. I mostly like to ride back roads and highway spurts to evade the local justice dept. representatives on speed runs. Significant other only rides MAYBE twice a month but bringing a bike in the house without that capability would incur legal expense otherwise I'd get the Ducati Monster of my dreams. 

I bought a "13 new in "14 because it cost half as much as the  bike I was lusting after & it kept me from spending money that I didn't have. Although not a supersport it is a bike fully capable of what you require.  16,000 miles & only tires, gas, oil (burns none), a little brake fluid, & a couple cans of Belray chain lube. If you get one, definitely change out the 50 series rear tire for a 55 series because it makes the steering neutral. I guess the newer ones have traction control & ABS if you are interested in that sort of thing.  If you push past about 90% of supersport capabilities you will be dragging pegs though.  Good luck on making your decision.

Edited by jschaf
  • Upvote 1