Who's Doing Vintage Days Races?

DesmoDuc

was going to run an old F2 Honda as my racing debut, but the bike has significant issues and won't be ready by the weekend. was tempted to just run a WERA C class on my TD 600, but i'm too slow and don't wanna embarrass myself even in C. I think this year i'm going to do some recon and see whats up in each of the classes.

man, don't let what you think others will say deter you .... last year I started both races on the front row and then carefully executed a retreat to the mid/back of pack.  I rode my best, and it was what it was ... had a blast doing so.

• Upvote 2

No idea how to get signed up if I wanted to or what I'd need except a couple hundred $$. Not sure what class I'd run with the 750ss either... Maybe next year. 

I'll be wandering around the track and checking out my buddy's setup in the pits as well. He's running his 800ss I think in A class. 

1 hour ago, i-Zapp said:

was going to run an old F2 Honda as my racing debut, but the bike has significant issues and won't be ready by the weekend. was tempted to just run a WERA C class on my TD 600, but i'm too slow and don't wanna embarrass myself even in C. I think this year i'm going to do some recon and see whats up in each of the classes.

I'll be running the endurance race next month at Pitt, you think you'll look slow out there during vintage days hah! You should stop by saturday while the motoamerica guys put on a passing clinic on my ass. :lol:

I am going to try and make it, just had a kid born yesterday so need to make sure everything is good on that front. 

Also I haven't been to mid ohio yet this year so it might be a bit of a struggle.

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I am going to try and make it, just had a kid born yesterday so need to make sure everything is good on that front. 

you're kidding right???? no way that would have ever happened in my household (20 years ago...).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, i-Zapp said:

you're kidding right???? no way that would have ever happened in my household (20 years ago...).

Haha my wife lets me do whatever for the most part. We discussed it a week ago and she didnt have any issues with me doing a race as long as everyone was healthy.

And its not like id be spending the night or something,  just drove back and forth for practice and whatever. 

• Upvote 2

so i may be in after all. a "new" engine showed up and all of sudden this thing might actually happen. got a crap ton of work to do (like, everything) but we've got almost a week and a long weekend to get er done! lol

planning on running V7MW both days. she's an old CBR600 F2 (with F3 motor now). Will be pitted at the Advanced Sleeve booth.

olIMG_2902.png.81a243627e8c19e25177c70e4abfa63c.png