Organizing a Ride from Columbus

CurbedSedition

On 6/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, CurbedSedition said:

Hey folks!

I'm itching to go for a group ride. I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else is interested in going. I'm thinking we could stage somewhere in Columbus (I'm biased towards Dublin but I'm open to suggestions), ride for about 1.5-2hrs, eat/refresh/refuel, and return.

Only group rides I've been on was a ride honoring fallen military with the VFW riders out of Leavenworth Kansas and one funeral mission with the PGR (also in Leavenworth, KS). That said I know zero good routes in Ohio lol.

Aiming for sometime after July 4th. We could even plan recurring monthly rides or weeknight rides. Let's hear your thoughts!

CurbedSedition comes on the forum to ask if anyone wants to ride...... next thing you know the poor guy gets trolled on and nobody warned him this how the OR works. Welcome to the OR! :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nebbish said:

anyone have an opinion on this route?

Route

(don't know how to embed here yet. Will figure out later) 

I'm not sure about the goat path between 536 and 255. Safe bet would be to take 7 between 536 and 255. Other than that it is a kick ass route.

Caution on 255 if headed south there are two jumps on the road and one of them forces you into the other lane.

1 hour ago, nebbish said:

anyone have an opinion on this route?

Route

(don't know how to embed here yet. Will figure out later) 

Looks good to me.  Sorry you got offended with the ride the other day man.   On another note,  You're going to have to lighten up, get a thicker skin, & develop your sarcastic humor skills to get the most out of this forum.     (UP- This guy's got a goat path bike & likes to ride at a touring pace, so the route is ideal for him).

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I'm not sure about the goat path between 536 and 255. Safe bet would be to take 7 between 536 and 255. Other than that it is a kick ass route.

Caution on 255 if headed south there are two jumps on the road and one of them forces you into the other lane.

That jump is super fun. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

It is when you know about it.

When caught out by surprise if feels like ski jumping. Where you are going to land is a mystery, a dangerous mystery.

yeah my front wheel leaves the ground... haven't had total lift-off.

I'm a sissy. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jschaf said:

676 jump is way fun.  I wasn't even aware of the 255 jumps because I am cautious & (usually) slow down for blind rises, lol.

676 I've had full lift-off. So has Jim. 

9 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

When you look through the member list, so many peeps with cruisers, they prolly not active  because of us rookie racer wanna be folks always populating every thread with our inner circle banter and inside jokes. It's tough to break into such a hard packed close group of jackass friend circle who pretend to be sworn enemies here while being closer than family.

Oooo!  So you're saying that OhioRiders has turned into what the Assfault Junkies forum was about 4-5 years ago?  Can't wait to see how this sits with the Old Guard on OR...

6 hours ago, jschaf said:

Looks good to me.  Sorry you got offended with the ride the other day man.   On another note,  You're going to have to lighten up, get a thicker skin, & develop your sarcastic humor skills to get the most out of this forum.     (UP- This guy's got a goat path bike & likes to ride at a touring pace, so the route is ideal for him).

Wasn't offended. I swear. I just realized someone newer to group riding might have had issues. I hope we are good to ride again sometime? (Though you are going to have to wait until I can catch up sometimes, the training wheels slow me down.)

As for the other part? I promise you if you didn't see the sarcasm, it WAS there.

I grew up in a stupidly sarcastic family. Part of my issue is trying to not destroy friendships by being a overly sarcastic ass.

<s>Once UP pointed out that he wanted trolled? I thought I delivered. Was incontinent trollop not enough? Did it need the depends joke I left out? I figured potty humor was a lower, least common denominator thing to make sure you all got it. Should I make it simpler? Perhaps limit myself to 2 syllable words or less? </s>

:thefinger:

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

Oooo!  So you're saying that OhioRiders has turned into what the Assfault Junkies forum was about 4-5 years ago?  Can't wait to see how this sits with the Old Guard on OR...

Eh? its been this way for over ten years here...

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bubba said:

That's both a strength and weakness in my humble opinion. I would say more towards strength. You look through years there is always a base group that is driving majority of activities, that base group keep changing as years go by and made up by different set of people the next phase. Then there is constant stream of active people with valid contribution and then the lurkers. The roles keep changing all the time based on which phase of bipolar you are in that month. I think it might be same way others feel as well, for eg: I have gone for months with no post to right now with post every hour. Many don't have that much fluctuations. But the point being, Like minded peeps with similar attitude and outlook easily merge with this as a base or active participant. And when they do they feel like they belong just like that. There is no social heiracrchy here, no club president member non member crap here, every one is free to post and use and make use of the group. And because of that OR will survive another 10 more years easy when peeps will be posting rides on electric bikes and hover bikes. And hopefully yoshi can join a group ride by then :D 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

There is no social heiracrchy here, no club president member non member crap here, every one is free to post and use and make use of the group.

I'm fuck'n OR Royalty I don't know what you are talking about, Nivin.

6 minutes ago, nebbish said:

Quick question, is there a good stopping point anywhere near Rinard Mills?

Along 26 between 537 and where it meets 260.

No, nothing on 26 at all. Woodsfield on 800 or Marrietta is it.

12 hours ago, Bubba said:

9 hours ago, Casper said:

Eh? its been this way for over ten years here...

Actually the more I think about it, this is exactly how the site came to be; a group of friends that rode together.