Organizing a Ride from Columbus

CurbedSedition

Hey folks!

I'm itching to go for a group ride. I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else is interested in going. I'm thinking we could stage somewhere in Columbus (I'm biased towards Dublin but I'm open to suggestions), ride for about 1.5-2hrs, eat/refresh/refuel, and return.

Only group rides I've been on was a ride honoring fallen military with the VFW riders out of Leavenworth Kansas and one funeral mission with the PGR (also in Leavenworth, KS). That said I know zero good routes in Ohio lol.

Aiming for sometime after July 4th. We could even plan recurring monthly rides or weeknight rides. Let's hear your thoughts!

I am up in Marysville and work in Dublin. I might be able to make something depending on what is going on then. There are not a ton of great roads up this way since it is a lot of straight farm roads. I normally set out in a direction and make whatever turns seem good until I'm lost and then figure out the way back. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

This new group ride criteria is trying to be implemented. Your cooperation with adhering to these guidelines will greatly determine how successful the new program will be.

Please don't screw this up for the rest of us. 

I'm new to the forum, I'm not aware of group ride criteria.Can you elaborate? I'm a bit confused. The guy you quoted posted in a different thread, did you mean to post your response here? Don't screw what up for the rest?

Maybe I need more coffee but I'm lost lol....

14 minutes ago, CurbedSedition said:

I'm new to the forum, I'm not aware of group ride criteria.Can you elaborate? I'm a bit confused. The guy you quoted posted in a different thread, did you mean to post your response here? Don't screw what up for the rest?

He is trolling you, just tell him to F' off and die. Although when posting a ride it is a good idea to include your basic riding style.  Fast, slow...Mach Retard. Just so peeps know what they are getting into.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CurbedSedition said:

Haha don't worry @CurbedSedition you are doing okay, he was just being a punk :) 

oe thing I will tell you that helps is, posting a solid plan. Most times trying to discuss and getting opinion etc to come up with one plan fizzles out. 

So go ahead and post a solid plan as in having these details helps, 

date of ride

route 

Expected pace of ride / style of ride 

time of start and expected finish time and location 

any lunch stop planned etc etc 

anyways good luck with the plans , ur doing nothing wrong. Wish more peeps would post up rides. On a side note, majority of active riders in here are sporty riders on variety of bikes. Almost all are atgatt and ride back roads at fun to spirited pace to "are u insane" . It will be hard pressed to find riders that prefer a casual parade style / cruising / scenic / group. ( nothing wrong with those rides, just not the active crowd here) but hopefully more rides like that are posted and more of those lurking peeps would become active and change the scene around.

Good luck 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

He is trolling you, just tell him to F' off and die. Although when posting a ride it is a good idea to include your basic riding style.  Fast, slow...Mach Retard. Just so peeps know what they are getting into.

Lol! I see...:rolleyes:

Good call though, I didn't think to determine the pace. Rookie mistake lol!

11 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Haha don't worry @CurbedSedition you are doing okay, he was just being a punk :) 

oe thing I will tell you that helps is, posting a solid plan. Most times trying to discuss and getting opinion etc to come up with one plan fizzles out. 

So go ahead and post a solid plan as in having these details helps, 

date of ride

route 

Expected pace of ride / style of ride 

time of start and expected finish time and location 

any lunch stop planned etc etc 

anyways good luck with the plans , ur doing nothing wrong. Wish more peeps would post up rides. On a side note, majority of active riders in here are sporty riders on variety of bikes. Almost all are atgatt and ride back roads at fun to spirited pace to "are u insane" . It will be hard pressed to find riders that prefer a casual parade style / cruising / scenic / group. ( nothing wrong with those rides, just not the active crowd here) but hopefully more rides like that are posted and more of those lurking peeps would become active and change the scene around.

Good luck 

Lol, that makes more sense now (left my brain on the pillow back home this morning...)

Good point on just making a plan though. I guess I was just putting feelers out to see if anyone was interested. And that sorta stinks for me about the active crowd here lol, I was actually thinking just a casual scenic cruise. But I'll formulate something and give it a whirl :o

53 minutes ago, CurbedSedition said:

Lol, that makes more sense now (left my brain on the pillow back home this morning...)

Good point on just making a plan though. I guess I was just putting feelers out to see if anyone was interested. And that sorta stinks for me about the active crowd here lol, I was actually thinking just a casual scenic cruise. But I'll formulate something and give it a whirl :o

Hey, I'm up near Akron, but, I love to do scenic and faster, both. Post a good enough plan to get me to ride down? I'm in.

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Not sure we have many "scenic cruise" style riders here, but you may find some at www.rideohio.org 

We used to have a cruiser section, but @Tonik scared them away. 

Bullshit, it went away so you could parade around in spandex in your cycling forum. Cycling forum on a motorcycle message board, yea that makes sense.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

OhioRiders. Not OhioMotorcyclesOnly. 

Fair enough.

Since there are not specific folders for specific motorcycle types you can post your stuff in the same sub forums as the other 'riders'.  Daily ride, events and so on all fill the same need for all 'riders'.

@Casper  Make it so!   :lol:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Fine with me. Not sure why we lost the "Slow and Go" or whatever it was called in the first place. 

I'll give up the cycling forum if we also lose politics and guns. 

Let's just burn the fucker down.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

WTF guys, can't I have a little fun? You saved him way too soon. It's fun to watch the noobs squirm a little, especially with the stupid shit I linked him to.

Never mind me, I'll just go fuck off and die.

I still love you

17 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

WTF guys, can't I have a little fun? You saved him way too soon. It's fun to watch the noobs squirm a little, especially with the stupid shit I linked him to.

The opportunity to tell you to fuck off and die out weighed the amusement value of watching a noob squirm.

• Upvote 1

When you look through the member list, so many peeps with cruisers, they prolly not active  because of us rookie racer wanna be folks always populating every thread with our inner circle banter and inside jokes. It's tough to break into such a hard packed close group of jackass friend circle who pretend to be sworn enemies here while being closer than family. :D 

Many ways this might be start of new revolution. @CurbedSedition Go ahead and post a scenic/ ride with a great route and stops. You can pm this angry grand father > @Tonik for help as he can give you a rough plan in 2 mins 

hope fully many more post up and make it a constant thing. Choosing slow or fun scenic pace should not be seen as something to be shunned at. It's a sign of maturity and responsibility.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Please to be fucking off.

It was not something that you agree with? Fine.

But don't insult me.

Shut your festering hole, you incontinent trollop!

This what you're looking for?

51 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

This is the entertainment I was looking for.

I wonder how Tonik will find a way to ruin this too.