2017 Pikes Peak Record

JustinNck1

So did he break the overall PPIHC record?  Or the bike class record?  Hard to believe that a "stock" NA 1290 SD could outduel the 1000+HP supercharged/turbo'd race vehicles.  I've ridden PP and the penalty for failure is pretty damn severe over nearly the entire length of road.  Between sketchy pavement, the Armco/big rocks/trees to hit, the precipitous rock cliffs to either smash into or fall off of, this is right up there with the IOM TT as far as requiring BIG BALLS OF STEEL.

On 6/28/2017 at 7:46 AM, Isaac's Papa said:

I rode with a guy last week that cycled Pikes Peak. I thought the Skyway was a climb. :eek:

I was out there a couple of years ago and we drove up in an Tahoe. It seemed like there might have been some biking event going on there around the same time because there were a bunch of roadies all over the place riding up from the bottom. Followed some guy in a Mustang up about 3/4 or more of the way, then watched as he pulled off and got his bike out and rode the rest of the way up. We saw him later at the top, hanging out with the other roadies and probably acting like he rode all the way from the bottom! 

I've been completely pooped after climbing maybe 1500ft on a mountain bike, I can't imagine the hell that would be pedaling all the way up that mountain...