Suggestion: Require Speeds for rides?

Nebbors

3 hours ago, Blitz said:

Eh...actually, you might regret it.

They're wonderful motorcycles, and there isn't a bike I've found that's more fun to ride....

...when it's running properly. 

When service lights aren't lighting up the dash like a nuclear launch alarm. When it's not stalling at stop lights. When the rear brake lever does more than provide very weak calf workout and no deceleration...

did you buy a lemon I take it

43 minutes ago, jschaf said:

did you get lucky I take it

43 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Yeah I guess so.  I don't have a tuono though but I still have an Aprilia.  most new bikes with electronics suffer from issues.  But I have been fine so far and so are the other handful of local people I know with rsv4s

1 minute ago, jschaf said:

i'm spooked from the stuff I've heard from folks I know who have bought them. Not trying to bash by any means. Good luck with yours.

mines allowed to blowup in the next year or so.  Aprilia can cover it.

19 hours ago, Blitz said:

Eh...actually, you might regret it.

They're wonderful motorcycles, and there isn't a bike I've found that's more fun to ride....

...when it's running properly. 

When service lights aren't lighting up the dash like a nuclear launch alarm. When it's not stalling at stop lights. When the rear brake lever does more than provide very weak calf workout and no deceleration...

Nearly bought a Tuono from a friends coworkers before I got the VFR. The very next spring my friend was telling my how much a basket case the Tuono became for the guy and he ended up selling it for 1/3rd what I nearly picked it up for

9 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Haven't heard of any probs with Hoblick's. Maybe you just need to know how to talk to them?

He could take the bike apart down to the last piece and put it back together again though so for him I doubt there's an issue. 

• Upvote 1

I've owned 3 Aprilias. A 2001 RSV Mille, a 2007 and a 2008 Tuono.

Pretty sure the Mille had a sprag clutch going out when I traded it in...a $1200 repair. I didn't have the 2007 long enough to have trouble, but I've owned the 2008 since it was practically new. Always took care of it, and while it's had some electrical quirks, it's hasn't left me stranded. Yet. 

These bikes have common problems that the community knows about. I've been able to solve most of my issues. I'm working on one now and hope to get it ironed out. The point is, I never had to mess with my GSXR or ZX6R...at all. But the Tuono is a hell of a lot more fun and a hell of a lot more beautiful.

Im no motorcycle mechanic, but I'm handy enough to fix Aprilia problems...so far. And the sound and ride has been worth the trouble up to now.

So no, I wouldn't say I got a 'lemon'. I'd say I got an Aprilia.

Edited by Blitz
  • Upvote 1

I did my own sprag outside in december 2 years ago, replaced the kinked spring only from an $6 oil seal(next day local paid $20), got the spec'd loctite from someone here and reused the gasket. machined the crank locking tool and made the flywheel puller from a semi wheel stud. As you said the community knows the tricks.

Edited by motocat12