ISO Used Tires

MagnaDeuce

I have an old KZ250 that was basically gifted to me.  I have very limited funds but this Kawasaki needs new tires, it's been sitting for 7 years.  I was hoping if anyone had any used tires of its size.

2.75-18F and 4.16-16R

I think 90/90-18 & 120/90-16 would fit.  I don't mind paying used prices but I cant spend 150 bucks for tires on a bike that I may not ride for more than a year.  

Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

IMHO, I'd rather ride on used tires than shinkos. 

Shinko has upped the quality quite a bit in the last few years. still not the best, but decent for cheap

32 minutes ago, Tonik said:

We are all riding on used tires.

My tire after 3 weeks on the bike,  is it consider used?..lol.. this picture was taken in Waynesville North Carolina yesterday so it's got another 450 miles on it now..lol

20170629_130420.thumb.jpg.12b24490a5fa0c66ade56d3d4ac5295e.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

5 hours ago, 2talltim said:

My tire after 3 weeks on the bike,  is it consider used?..lol.. this picture was taken in Waynesville North Carolina yesterday so it's got another 450 miles on it now..lol

Wow, did you do that on public roads? I'd probably soil myself taking a corner that hard.

28 minutes ago, hiro said:

Wow, did you do that on public roads? I'd probably soil myself taking a corner that hard.

Yes sir and all weighted down with luggage and camping equipment. And on a 700 lbbike..lol

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Thread pattern on this one resemble softer aka faster rebound / harder compression and lower tire pressure. I know ur a stickler for tire pressure so less likely to have lower pressure. I wish you could experiment with one to two  click more on rebound, one to two click less on compression and see if any difference in tire life. Then again this is another random OR advice which no one asked for in the first place :D so ignore. 

4 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

After they cool off, does it give it a greasy feel when you ride on em again heated up?

Nope never,  these things stick like glue always. They just wear fast for touring tires. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Thread pattern on this one resemble softer aka faster rebound / harder compression and lower tire pressure. I know ur a stickler for tire pressure so less likely to have lower pressure. I wish you could experiment with one to two  click more on rebound, one to two click less on compression and see if any difference in tire life. Then again this is another random OR advice which no one asked for in the first place :D so ignore. 

I only have preload and rebound adjustment on my bike. And it's hard to set the preload right cuz sometimes I'm loaded down with luggage sometimes I'm not sometimes I have extra luggage such as camping gear sometimes I do not. As far as the way the bike handles and performs I don't need to touch it. I'm making that thing do what most people can't get a 400 lb sportbike to do.

29 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Ah, That's very true. Was hoping u could squeeze in another 1k on the tire life. 

I think most of my problem is cold tear. I keep my tires at 42 front and rear but if I drop them to keep from having cold tear I eat up the center and square them off too quickly. Damned if I do and damned if I dont.