Mid-O July 3

what

11 hours ago, blue03636 said:

I was considering the 2nd but as of now none of it looks good.

Still plenty of time for the weather to turn around. Not going to look at weather again until Saturday. This is my last opportunity to get to the track until late august though so I'm motivated.

Edited by what

12 minutes ago, what said:

Still plenty of time for the weather to turn around. Not going to look at weather again until Saturday. This is my last opportunity to get to the track until late august though so I'm motivated.

I hope so, I need seat time after mido last year and the gsxr needs dialed in for the endurance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

I'll be checking the weather Friday morning. I don't like doing the walk-in thing after getting stuck in novice last year. 

Haha what? They stuck you in novice because you walked-up instead of registering prior to the day? Was I/A full?

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Haha what? They stuck you in novice because you walked-up instead of registering prior to the day? Was I/A full?

Intermediate filled up with preregistered and i was already there so i did novice for the day. That was after they started doing structured sessions all day so it was rather painful. But i was already down there so not going to just drive back home. 

26 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Intermediate filled up with preregistered and i was already there so i did novice for the day. That was after they started doing structured sessions all day so it was rather painful. But i was already down there so not going to just drive back home. 

Novice had like 35 people in it on May 14... I group only had like 6 people. I really wanted to move up :|

Monday... 

If it's a leather suit that zips together at the waist to turn into a 1-piece, that's fine for novice/intermediate. 

Textile that zips together is ok for novice, but not intermediate. 

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Is two peice suit with 360 okay for going for novice as well as intermediate 

All riders must wear one or two-piece suits with substantial reinforcement and padding in critical areas (knees, elbows, shoulders at a minimum.)

• INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather suits designed for motorcycle use. Two-piece leathers must provide at least 50% attachment between jacket and pants.

• NOVICE GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather or ballistic suites. It is recommended that two-piece suits provide attachment between jacket and pants.

• INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED GROUP riders MUST wear a back protector designed for motorcycle competition in lieu of, or in addition to, the standard back padding in their suit.

http://www.midohio.com/images/pdf/2017 Waiver Packet PTR2.pdf

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

• NOVICE GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather or ballistic suites. It is recommended that two-piece suits provide attachment between jacket and pants.

What exactly is a 'ballistic suit'?

I was told end of last year that two-piece was not going to be accepted for intermediate this year by one of the techs (i was wearing a two-piece at the time). I bought a better one-piece over winter. Not sure if they are enforcing that, i kind of doubt it. But something to keep in mind if you are buying a suit. 

3 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

I was told end of last year that two-piece was not going to be accepted for intermediate this year by one of the techs (i was wearing a two-piece at the time). I bought a better one-piece over winter. Not sure if they are enforcing that, i kind of doubt it. But something to keep in mind if you are buying a suit. 

:( feel so awkward to wear one piece for regular street riding / and 95% of rides will be street with occasional tracks. I hope they dont change, i dont fancy myself wanting to step up any higher than intermediate ever. How long do we need to be in novice before given a chance to I group? 

51 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

:( feel so awkward to wear one piece for regular street riding / and 95% of rides will be street with occasional tracks. I hope they dont change, i dont fancy myself wanting to step up any higher than intermediate ever. How long do we need to be in novice before given a chance to I group? 

Novice guaranteed for the first 2 days at the track unless you ask to be bumped and can run 1:58'ish or faster lap times consistently. 

You can ask to be bumped on your first day, it's up to the lead control rider to say yes or no after being evaluated by a coach. 

also, I see you posting in this thread.. you coming Timmo? 

Edited by what

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I would start with the 2-piece. If they ever say anything about it, then you can look for a nice used 1-piece to use at the track. 

Edited by ludwb675

On 6/26/2017 at 9:16 PM, blue03636 said:

I hope so, I need seat time after mido last year and the gsxr needs dialed in for the endurance.

Dang didn't realize you were planning too, that makes it 4 familiar faces ...

On 6/27/2017 at 1:33 PM, ludwb675 said:

I'll be checking the weather Friday morning. I don't like doing the walk-in thing after getting stuck in novice last year. 

Brian, did we ride together once on the street long ago? U were on a Daytona at that time on the street? Met in Youngstown area ?