Slingshot review.

Tonik

The whole motorcycle classification thing still bogles my mind. I have seen some 4 wheel conversions of the Slingshot already and I know there has been an LS-Swap already done. Still, I'd rather have something that I can drive in the rain if need be with a roof.

IMO
Steering wheel = Car
Handlebars = Motorcycle

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

The whole motorcycle classification thing still bogles my mind. I have seen some 4 wheel conversions of the Slingshot already and I know there has been an LS-Swap already done. Still, I'd rather have something that I can drive in the rain if need be with a roof.

IMO
Steering wheel = Car
Handlebars = Motorcycle

Counter-steering & gyroscopic balance = motorcycle

Otherwise = Car

As stated, they have 3 wheels so they can duck NHTSA regs... That's it and that's all.

• Upvote 1

At the risk of straying further off-topic, I do not understand the people who just want "more," regardless of what they have.

This has been front-of-mind during David Griffin/LeBron James/Dan Gilbert discussions.  Money is literally irrelevant to LeBron at this point.  His lifetime Nike contract would be nearly impossible to squander - yet he's still signing 1 yr deals so he can max-out his next contract and remain the highest paid player ...but somehow Dan Gilbert, who has been paying luxury tax on the highest player payroll in history, is the bad guy for cutting David Griffin loose rather than paying him $7M?

Dan Gilbert is expected to give up profits on his investment, but to expect LeBron to give up a few million in salary is absurd?  Seems like a double-standard.  If guys want to win Championships, I don't expect them to play for free, but I think there's too much ego involved on the salary side.

How many Slingshots do you want to be able to buy before a feeling of accomplishment is more important to you?

14 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

At the risk of straying further off-topic, I do not understand the people who just want "more," regardless of what they have.

How many Slingshots do you want to be able to buy before a feeling of accomplishment is more important to you?

You are stepping into a rabbit hole of philosophical never understanding vicious cycle of wants and needs discussion. 

I always struggled with similar question regarding my own life. Where do you draw a line and say this is wants / this is needs. It's an impossible scenario unless u go extreme. 

For simple e.g. Will u sacrifice doing OMRL days and all the small toys and small pleasures and donate the money for the homeless. It might be a negligible amount/ not even a big expense "compared" to big coin spending super rich guys guys. Still nevertheless a "want" an entertaining expense for the soul. Like wise I can't kick the habit of moto soul entertainment. And hence I felt like I could never blame a guy buying two Lamborghinis and 3 Ferraris just because he could. I still feel he is wasting money, that could be used for so much good etc etc but can't blame them from where I am standing. We all are wasting money relative to some other who could really use it for a days meal or when in 2017 people still die from hunger. But we are flawed as humans and angels are a myth. 

28 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Psychologically - one or two more than everyone else.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100322092057.htm

This also explains a lot of political policies.

Wow!  This thread just took an unexpected and existential turn...on Ohio Riders, no less.  Who'da thunk it?

As for giving up my moto addiction to help the homeless, the Republicans said that homelessness is a choice and they actually like living under bridges.

Guy dreams about buying sling shot 

googles - slingshot review 

starts reading down the thread 

starts thinking may be its a bad decision 

and towards the end looses his mind and sells all his belonging and takes an expedition to Himalayas 

Because OR 

• Upvote 1

LeBron just spent 41 million dollars to send every kid in Akron to college. And that is just a small part of what he does. He can ask for all the money he wants from Dan Gilbert as far as I am concerned. Dude is a fucking saint.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

LeBron just spent 41 million dollars to send every kid in Akron to college. And that is just a small part of what he does. He can ask for all the money he wants from Dan Gilbert as far as I am concerned. Dude is a fucking saint.

I'm not criticizing LeBron as a philanthropist or human being - i'm questioning the generally accepted attitude that LeBron is 'doing everything possible to win a championship.'  On the court, that appears to be completely accurate.  But I also believe that his salary hinders management's ability to surround him with talent.  That's not to say LeBron isn't worth $XX million/year, but it is a question of priorities.  Money, or championships. 

Clearly LeBron has done a lot of good with the money he has earned.  That is probably more important than multiple Championships in Cleveland, but I have not looked at it from that perspective.

13 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

i'm questioning the generally accepted attitude that Kevin Durant is 'doing everything possible to win a championship.'  On the court, that appears to be completely accurate. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Actually it appears Durant is going to take less than the max next year so they can all stay on the Warriors.

That sucks. No point in watching the NBA next year, shit is gonna end up the same.