Flippin a Thunderchicken

Helmutt

Just watched them down at NJMP. It was sick. Since we weren't at the actual airport, just right next to it, we had an even closer view (in my experience at airshows, pilots dont typically perform directly above the crowd. They were flying directly over the track/paddock.

@Jester_ @TRMN8TR can attest how close to the NJMP watertower one of the solo's got. Like, we thought he was going to die close when it happened the first time. The next day, he buzzed it again it was just as close. It was pretty epic.

About 12 years ago i use to lay asphalt.

We had to do some work on the driveway to the new fire house they just built at the springfield air national guard base.

After 2 days worth of touch and go maneuvers and unrestricted climbs.  

They had one of them go the opposite direction down the runway and thread the neddle between the controll tower and the new fire station.

He was close enough when he tipped the plane to the side i could make out the mascot on the side of his helmet.

I remember yelling THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.  Dont think the other crew guys could hear me because at that point our ears were ringing out of our heads..