Henry AR-& Survival Rifle

SFDemo

I had a good buddy in the Army, whom we racially profiled and called Chief Crazy Horse.  He was one of my roommates and a fellow gun nut.  I ended up buying his Mossberg 500 shotgun (which I still use today), but he had a really cool Charter Arms Ar-7.  I've wanted one ever since, so I finally got a chance where timing, price and luck were together.  I found one out the door, brand new with 2 magazines for $209.  It's pretty cool and I can't wait to shoot it.

AR7.jpg

I've got one. Always wanted one. I have the Henry camo. It's my understanding that the latest model is much better than the early models. Dunno yet. All 22LR semi-autos are finicky about ammo type. Typically 40gr round and/or a higher velocity 22LR cartridge is needed to cycle the bolt consistently. Wouldn't recommend sub-sonic. Regardless, some brands will work, and some won't. For me, it's mostly Winchester SuperX works fine. I don't care for the "hyper" 22LR stuff.

Get the extra magazine(s) for the storage space in the buttstock if they aren't there.

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armalite_AR-7

Edited by ReconRat

18 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I think some Air Force pilots carried a version of these.

Doesn't it all fit in the butt stock & float?

Air Force bought 12 (AR-5 / MA-1) for the XB-70, and didn't follow through on more purchases. Used up the older M4 and M6 instead. I had a chance at a show, to buy a surplus M6 with a legal 14.5 barrel when they were dumped on the market. Sorry I didn't grab that up, they were gone in a hurry. They weren't cheap either. edit: And yes, fits in buttstock and floats, hopefully.

Edited by ReconRat

The Air Force is now putting the GUU-5/P in the survival kits for combat, basically a break down version of the AR15.

Not much space available in the survival kits to begin with, I have no idea how we're going to squeeze those things in there now.