Lol @ Ducati owners!

Tonik

15 hours ago, Tonik said:

No more Ducati meet ups at Starbucks. Have to be at bars now. And all the Ducati gear will say Harley.

:lol:

Damn it!  Plus, I hate fringe...  :nono:

Fingers crossed that this deal falls through.  I read that Ducati is actually under Audi ownership, which is still the VW conglomerate, so is dieselgate the real reason their selling??  

1 minute ago, tall_tracy said:

Fingers crossed that this deal falls through.  I read that Ducati is actually under Audi ownership, which is still the VW conglomerate, so is dieselgate the real reason their selling??  

Might be. VW needs money. And Ducati is almost certainly worth more now than when purchased.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

I read that Ducati is actually under Audi ownership, which is still the VW conglomerate, so is dieselgate the real reason their selling??  

The VW CEO that bought Ducati is no longer with them. Ducati was his pet project, for reasons unknown.  So now that he is gone the new peeps are not interested in doing valve adjustments every weekend.

6 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

VW Dieselgate will cost $15 billion, this could have something to due with the sale of Duc. BTW, where will you put the fringe on the Duc?

It's actually a good match from HD's perspective.  These two brands have a strong following and strong brand recognition in their respective markets.  Their names are on everything and it allows them to mark up merchandise.  what other brands have names for their owners?  H.O.G.s and Ducatistas.  

MV was too exclusive and high end and bought when the market was declining.  They were expecting too much from such an exclusive brand.  As long as they operate them independently, it makes sense.  Hopefully they realize the demographics are very different and don't try to cross over too much.

Now, from a consumer's perspective, specifically Ducatistas, i think this is terrible.  HD mismanaged MV, and micro managed Buell.  Ducati has done great as a business with VW's capital as support and Audi's technical knowledge.

From VW's perspective, this is smart.  This is a direct result from the emissions issue.  Fines and costs is forcing them to raise capital while they reorganize.  

THe biggest losers will be the race teams.  VW, with Audi's racing tech and knowledge, has been a great asset to the MotoGP and WSBK development.  We'll see that change as most companies without a big racing heritage do not understand the R&D gains from racing wnd will only see costs.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Female Duc owners will need to get some breast work.  Like reverse implants so their boobs are floppy and saggy.

Really??  yuck...  :wtf:

3 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

VW Dieselgate will cost $15 billion, this could have something to due with the sale of Duc. BTW, where will you put the fringe on the Duc?

Damn Germans, had to eff everything up.  Perhaps the new name will be Harducly Desmodison.  Ugh fringe... it's the worst... no fringe, never, not gonna do it...  lol

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mojocho said:

It's actually a good match from HD's perspective.

I disagree.  It could only work if the 2 companies operated completely separately.

HD management hates sport bikes.  They view them as beginner bikes, and step toward selling them a Hog when they're ready to step up to a "real" motorcycle.  That's how they viewed Buell, and MV. 

HD being able to successfully manage Ducati would require a major shift in the goals of HD's management...who hate change.  It ain't happening. 

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Wow, it has started already. Ape hangers and fringe.

Chopperducati-1.jpg

Is that the new Harley Duc Super Ultra Dyna Slide Glide FHXUGLY?

Edited by ricer1
  • Upvote 1

Here's an example of HD love of sportbikes...

Years ago I was at a Buell rally, talking with a Buell insider at a campfire over beers.  He was telling me about a very heated conversion during a HD/Buell marketing meeting about whether or not HD would be able to sell Buell leather vests to sportbike riders.

The argument went something like... "We're Harley, we know what motorcycle riders want, and all riders want leather vests."  "They'll laugh at you because you have no fucking idea what you're talking about." 

25 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I'll give you one guess as to how many Ducati branded items of clothing this rider owns. I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "fucking zero". 

This is getting too easy.

download.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2017 at 7:22 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Did I read that right? "Harley recently returned MV Agusta to its Italian owners for 3 euros, or about $3.98, a company spokesman confirmed Monday."

I never believed that. I mean, yea it's real but since this happened overseas they didn't have to report it and was nothing more than some CEO's getting some under the table kickbacks at the shareholder's expense.

Edited by Lawrence1