600cc vs 1000cc and up for everybody ??

Killer_kaw

I just couldn't resist. So let's hear it. What do you like, ride, want?? Don't have a lot of experience here myself because my first was a 750 then 1000-1100-1600-1200. Thinking I only stayed with bigger bikes because they generally have some nicer options like adjustable suspension and such.

This question popped into my head while covering 300 miles of glorious 2-lane today. My slightly modified zrx weights in around 450lb with 138hp and just shy of 100 ft lbs of torque geared 1 down 2 up. I'd consider myself a decent rider but today when I decided to reall try and ring the bikes neck I found there to be way way way more bike than rider here. Lots of fun though. Loving this bike.  

Guessing a smaller more nimble bike bike would make you a better rider though? Force you to be in the right gear, pick the best line and carry a bit more entry speed vs having a big inline to pull you from moderate speeds to what the fuck just happened in the blink of an eye even in the wrong gear  

seems to me there are pros and cons both ways

1 hour ago, Killer_kaw said:

I just couldn't resist. So let's hear it. What do you like, ride, want?? Don't have a lot of experience here myself because my first was a 750 then 1000-1100-1600-1200. Thinking I only stayed with bigger bikes because they generally have some nicer options like adjustable suspension and such.

This question popped into my head while covering 300 miles of glorious 2-lane today. My slightly modified zrx weights in around 450lb with 138hp and just shy of 100 ft lbs of torque geared 1 down 2 up. I'd consider myself a decent rider but today when I decided to reall try and ring the bikes neck I found there to be way way way more bike than rider here. Lots of fun though. Loving this bike.  

Guessing a smaller more nimble bike bike would make you a better rider though? Force you to be in the right gear, pick the best line and carry a bit more entry speed vs having a big inline to pull you from moderate speeds to what the fuck just happened in the blink of an eye even in the wrong gear  

seems to me there are pros and cons both ways

He is really only looking for cheap transportation for a year. Which makes this ordeal even more mind boggling.

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

He is really only looking for cheap transportation for a year. Which makes this ordeal even more mind boggling.

Hahahahha I really would like to hear your explanation for this answer in this thread :) 

Gary, I will post a real reply as soon as I can get to a bigger screen, want to type a lot 

250-600-750-1000-1400...the best rider on a sport bike will be getting on the track and getting some laps in to really experience what these bikes can do as well as make you better on the street. I have a 750 with factory suspension. It's fast enough but doesn't allow me to rely on drag racing to get ahead lap after lap. I've been tracking for 3-4 years now and it's still faster than me. 

Stay safe pushing it like that on the street. Like what you ride and ride what you like. 

• Upvote 2

These are just my 002 $ /

depends on roads closer to you and access to good twisties. 

if you live near by twisties like dragon / general deals gap area / mainly more than 80% curves and few straights -   light /middle weight small cc bikes would be a blast as thats all you need to have fun. 

if you live near twisties like in ohio ( 50 /50 corners and straights) a 1000cc bikes would be a good compromise to have fun as well as enjoy some pulls / and less revy straight cruise. this doesnt mean small bike is a bad choice here.  Just in my opinion you can enjoy the catapulting effect out of corner and blast into the straights, acceleration which i like the most that high velocity all the time. 

and if you live in areas like us neo folks, personally i like them heavy sports/ sport touring bikes to make the long travel /commute to the start of the twisties less painful and still get to enjoy the twisties like a sports bike. I always preferred heavy bikes and put panniers and stuff on almost all the bikes. Some what thought more rewarding to work the beast  into corners and more stable in un even crappy surfaces like we have. 

Each person there own is never been more true statement than for motorcycling :D  for eg even in OR you wont find two people with same opinion about which bike they like. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I've been out of the game for 2 years now so decided to pick me up a good small starter bike to get acclimated again 

IMG_3811.JPG

Dibs when you sell it, it will be super low miles.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bad324 said:

I've been out of the game for 2 years now so decided to pick me up a good small starter bike to get acclimated again 

IMG_3811.JPG

You can zip tie lace it back together when you throw it on the pavement at photo ops. Lol

• Upvote 1