Three Shoei (tachi?)

hiro

13 hours ago, Wolfman1 said:

No didn't change anything, they need time to conform to your face.  Mine felt just a little too tight at first and now it fits perfectly.  Love the tinted drop down sun visor, I used to have a fixed tinted visor on my HJC that was great for daytime, but sucked at night and I didn't want to have to cart around my clear visor every time I went on a long ride.

Right. The RF-1200 was maybe tolerable until it breaks in, but the GT-Air would not go on with the 35mm pads!  So, you don't find that the internal sun visor leaves too much of a gap at the bottom? Is it still like a greenhouse in the sun? I /really/ like dark tint, but I've gotten stuck after sunset.

My rf1200 is awesome compared to my Bell... Riding fully naked bike I don't get excessive noise or turbulence etc... Only complaints are :

1. Speaker cutouts too small for my sena, had to use spacers and now my ears fold over putting it on and I have to adjust it some. No issues after that 

2. The vents are designed, I think, for riding position on a Supersport bike. The vents work, but not as well as they're designed to, because of seating position... Tipping my head forward slightly while riding creates additional ventilation as opposed to normal riding position. I ride in up to 120 degrees, the helmet is very hot, but I'm not sure if any helmet can be comfortable in those temps. 

The GT Air, last I shopped, is not Snell approved due to internal sun visor. I ride at the drag strip occasionally and Snell is required, that's why I went with the 1200. 

Owned an 1100 before and I'm sure I'll own the 1300 if they ever make one. I'm a shoei fan boy for sure, especially after owning Bell and HJC 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...