Tonik

I find it amusing....

49 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Here is everything you need to know about Gun Control laws in the US:

1. California has among the most restrictive gun laws in the country.
  2. The California Senate (including Diane Fienstien) are responsible for many of these restrictive gun laws
  3. In 2011 the same California Senate voted 28-8 to exempt THEMSELVES from these restrictive gun laws http://joeforamerica.com/2017/01/california-senate-exempt-gun-laws/  
  4. Clearly their lives are more important and than the lives of the citizens of the Peoples Republic of California :dunno: 

Little Germany?

10 hours ago, magley64 said:

Well, their homicide rate is much lower than ours, so fashioning weapons out of non-weapons seems a less efficient way to murder people in the long run. 

"My side" well if I have to answer for everyone on the opposite side of the political spectrum, it's going to take a while. My position has largely remained the same. Gun control measures, when properly implemented and enforced reduce homicide rates... Guns are very efficient weapons for killing lots of people. They're not the only weapons, but they're the most common used here...

If you take critical statements like this about guns personally, I'm sorry. I wasn't ever talking about you, I was talking about the gun. It was designed as a weapon, developed as a weapon, manufactured as a weapon, marketed as a weapon, and sold as a weapon, and I don't think it makes sense for people to have easy access to these weapons. They make it too easy to kill people. 

And it's easy to blame a "crazy" person or a "bad" person but accidents happen, emotions cloud rational thought, depression can cripple someone's judgement temporarily, and I think we should make it harder to end a life, not easier.

Magz

Stop making sense. You are talking to an audience with their fingers in their ears.

Which is better in many ways than having their finger on a trigger

Edited by Danimal

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Here is everything you need to know about Gun Control laws in the US:

1. California has among the most restrictive gun laws in the country.
  2. The California Senate (including Diane Fienstien) are responsible for many of these restrictive gun laws
  3. In 2011 the same California Senate voted 28-8 to exempt THEMSELVES from these restrictive gun laws http://joeforamerica.com/2017/01/california-senate-exempt-gun-laws/  
  4. Clearly their lives are more important and than the lives of the citizens of the Peoples Republic of California :dunno: 

Again, "banning" guns isn't necessarily the best method of "gun control". These micro-examples aren't necessarily telling since gun regulations aren't uniform across state lines, and there is no patrolling of these arbitrary state borders. You can drive from Ohio to Chicago or Ohio to Detroit with a truckload of legally purchased guns, and nobody is going to stop you to inspect your Ford for weapons at the state or city border.

As for government officials exempting themselves from gun laws, Democrats aren't alone... Georgia's "guns everywhere" law doesn't include the government buildings where the law makers work...

Edited by magley64
More info

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

You guys are having some severe motorcycle withdraw...

You're not gonna change anyone's political opinion on OR, so why argue about it? Were a bunch of stubborn libtards, bigots, snowflakes, or racists. Whatever the hip new label is right now. I can't keep up with it, I'm too busy riding my motorcycle. :lol:

He says as he's posting in the same thread... Don't post and ride, people get mad about that.

38 minutes ago, magley64 said:

Again, "banning" guns isn't necessarily the best method of "gun control". These micro-examples aren't necessarily telling since gun regulations aren't uniform across state lines, and there is no patrolling of these arbitrary state borders. You can drive from Ohio to Chicago or Ohio to Detroit with a truckload of legally purchased guns, and nobody is going to stop you to inspect your Ford for weapons at the state or city border.

As for government officials exempting themselves from gun laws, Democrats aren't alone... Georgia's "guns everywhere" law doesn't include the government buildings where the law makers work...

I fail to see how California is a "micro-example." It's the intellectual model for liberals in the US.  Seriously flawed, but the model none the less.

Not allowing guns in government building is relatively uniform.  It's the case in most states.  It's not really any different that business or individuals choosing weather to allow firearms in their workplaces/homes.  It's a very weak example to try to counter point the blatant hypocrisy of the CA senate. 

Edited by Tpoppa

17 minutes ago, magley64 said:

He says as he's posting in the same thread... Don't post and ride, people get mad about that.

I haven't seen you on a motorcycle in years...

Which person is responsible for putting the more guns in the hands of citizens than any American in the history of the United States?

Greatest-Gun-Salesman-Ever.jpg

53 minutes ago, Casper said:

+1 Never met the guy, but sure see him post alot. To each their own i guess..

22 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

+1 Never met the guy, but sure see him post alot. To each their own i guess..

He's actually a good dude. I think he just gets a kick out of annoying people.

The Democratic members of Congress defeated the Republicans 11-2 at the event

ouch, hope we do better in the draft next time. Or does this reflect free-time to practice?

2 hours ago, Casper said:

1r0frw.jpg

How old is your daughter now? I think the last time I attended an OR event, Carrie was pregnant... It has been a while.

Edited by magley64

7 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

The Democratic members of Congress defeated the Republicans 11-2 at the event

ouch, hope we do better in the draft next time. Or does this reflect free-time to practice?

The whole of Congress gets an insane amount of vacation time, regardless of party affiliation.

51 minutes ago, Casper said:

He's actually a good dude. I think he just gets a kick out of annoying people.

It wasn't about annoying people, it was about combating a straw-man that tonik was drenching in gasoline.

1 hour ago, magley64 said:

It wasn't about annoying people, it was about combating a straw-man that tonik was drenching in gasoline.

If only your arguments were as valid as you think they are... you'd really be onto something.

1 hour ago, magley64 said:

I think it's a lot more about annoying people than you may realize. 😀

25 minutes ago, Casper said:

I think I'm a lot more about annoying people than you may realize. 😀

No, we realize that (whoever you are)

18 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

:popcorn:

I'm actually eating popcorn right now.

^^^^^

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

No, we realize that (whoever you are)

Shouldn't you be trailering your bike somewhere? 

15 hours ago, Casper said:

Shouldn't you be trailering your bike somewhere? 

Very simply put, fuck you asshole

2 hours ago, blue72beetle said:

Motorcycle and guns....

292265_508813812487847_847581839_n.jpg

So THAT'S why CA doesn't allow open carry....that wouldn't work well at all for lane splitting!