I find it amusing....

Tonik

38 minutes ago, magley64 said:

Again, "banning" guns isn't necessarily the best method of "gun control". These micro-examples aren't necessarily telling since gun regulations aren't uniform across state lines, and there is no patrolling of these arbitrary state borders. You can drive from Ohio to Chicago or Ohio to Detroit with a truckload of legally purchased guns, and nobody is going to stop you to inspect your Ford for weapons at the state or city border.

As for government officials exempting themselves from gun laws, Democrats aren't alone... Georgia's "guns everywhere" law doesn't include the government buildings where the law makers work...

I fail to see how California is a "micro-example." It's the intellectual model for liberals in the US.  Seriously flawed, but the model none the less.

Not allowing guns in government building is relatively uniform.  It's the case in most states.  It's not really any different that business or individuals choosing weather to allow firearms in their workplaces/homes.  It's a very weak example to try to counter point the blatant hypocrisy of the CA senate. 

Edited by Tpoppa

2 hours ago, Casper said:

I haven't seen you on a motorcycle in years...

1r0frw.jpg

How old is your daughter now? I think the last time I attended an OR event, Carrie was pregnant... It has been a while.

Edited by magley64

7 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

The Democratic members of Congress defeated the Republicans 11-2 at the event

ouch, hope we do better in the draft next time. Or does this reflect free-time to practice?

The whole of Congress gets an insane amount of vacation time, regardless of party affiliation.

51 minutes ago, Casper said:

He's actually a good dude. I think he just gets a kick out of annoying people.

It wasn't about annoying people, it was about combating a straw-man that tonik was drenching in gasoline.

1 hour ago, magley64 said:

It wasn't about annoying people, it was about combating a straw-man that tonik was drenching in gasoline.

If only your arguments were as valid as you think they are... you'd really be onto something.

1 hour ago, magley64 said:

I think it's a lot more about annoying people than you may realize. ?

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Why use a made up comparison? Oh I get it, sarcasm. That explains why you didn't mention Hillary's efforts with Ukrainian government officials to discredit Trump.

Never ceases to amaze me that people think every politcian doesn't do this shit. Doesn't make it right but the self righteous indignation from one side or the other is really pissing me off.

Yoy all are the problem, not Trump or Hillary. They are a symptom of the disease.

11 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Why use a made up comparison? Oh I get it, sarcasm. That explains why you didn't mention Hillary's efforts with Ukrainian government officials to discredit Trump.

Never ceases to amaze me that people think every politcian doesn't do this shit. Doesn't make it right but the self righteous indignation from one side or the other is really pissing me off.

Yoy all are the problem, not Trump or Hillary. They are a symptom of the disease.

I lump you in with the rest of us troglodytes.  This wasn't a Dem vs. GOP "our crap doesn't stink"-off.  It was sarcastically calling out an apples-to-apples comparison.  

I agree - you all are the problem.

Edited by Disclaimer

8 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Wish we could all just  get a grip.  Country's become quite unhinged as of late.  We need to start getting along again or we're fucked. This Libtard v Repuglican crap is really bullshit. I would like to think that most of us are more centered. I know I am.

Watch out using that much clear thinking logic. People's heads might explode.:lol: