I find it amusing....

Tonik

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

...watching the Libs claim James Hodgkinson is not representative of all liberals, but he is representative of all gun owners

Not the argument...

Guns are too ubiquitous, and too easy to acquire.

Gun owners aren't more likely to turn violent, just more likely to cause multiple deaths if/when they do.

Pit bulls aren't more likely to bite you than a sheltie, just when they do bite, they cause serious injury/death, where the sheltie may or may not make you bleed.

It's not the individual, it's their destruction potential that is the concern.

Edited by magley64
Clarify main point.

30 minutes ago, magley64 said:

Not the argument...

Guns are too ubiquitous, and too easy to acquire.

Gun owners aren't more likely to turn violent, just more likely to cause multiple deaths if/when they do.

Pit bulls aren't more likely to bite you than a sheltie, just when they do bite, they cause serious injury/death, where the sheltie may or may not make you bleed.

It's not the individual, it's their destruction potential that is the concern.

Tell that to the people in Europe being rammed by vehicles in crowded places. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Google results

Evil Republicans 15.9mil

Evil Democrats 15.5mil

more balanced than I expected

That difference is easily explained by abortion 

7 hours ago, Casper said:

Tell that to the people in Europe being rammed by vehicles in crowded places. 

Well, their homicide rate is much lower than ours, so fashioning weapons out of non-weapons seems a less efficient way to murder people in the long run. 

7 hours ago, Tonik said:

Please don't take this personally, I like you.

Fuck you. Forever your side of the aisle has belittled us as right winged gun nuts. That we were the problem. That if we would just let you do whatever you want everything would be ok. Turns out you folks are lunitics too.

NOW all if a sudden you get it. Its not us, its the lunitics? 

"My side" well if I have to answer for everyone on the opposite side of the political spectrum, it's going to take a while. My position has largely remained the same. Gun control measures, when properly implemented and enforced reduce homicide rates... Guns are very efficient weapons for killing lots of people. They're not the only weapons, but they're the most common used here...

If you take critical statements like this about guns personally, I'm sorry. I wasn't ever talking about you, I was talking about the gun. It was designed as a weapon, developed as a weapon, manufactured as a weapon, marketed as a weapon, and sold as a weapon, and I don't think it makes sense for people to have easy access to these weapons. They make it too easy to kill people. 

And it's easy to blame a "crazy" person or a "bad" person but accidents happen, emotions cloud rational thought, depression can cripple someone's judgement temporarily, and I think we should make it harder to end a life, not easier.

42 minutes ago, magley64 said:

Well, their homicide rate is much lower than ours, so fashioning weapons out of non-weapons seems a less efficient way to murder people in the long run. 

but accidents happen

One gun could kill multiple victims, but one gun could also protect an individual from multiple aggressors. Why do we usually see the negative side?

Accidents happen, that's why training should happen.

OK, what if we eliminate all guns except revolvers, bolt-action rifles, and double-barrel shotguns? Grenades are definitely out.

28 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Right, like Switzerland where gun ownership is basically required by their government.

You mean where all guns are registered nationally, and ammunition is highly regulated... Yeah, that's an effective gun control system.

It contradicts your premise that the availability of firearms equals violence.  

What was your (revised) point again?

In the United States you can make the argument that large concentrations of liberals cause gun violence.   Statistics tend to support that argument.

image001-722428.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 4

You guys are having some severe motorcycle withdraw...

You're not gonna change anyone's political opinion on OR, so why argue about it? Were a bunch of stubborn libtards, bigots, snowflakes, or racists. Whatever the hip new label is right now. I can't keep up with it, I'm too busy riding my motorcycle. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Here is everything you need to know about Gun Control laws in the US:

1. California has among the most restrictive gun laws in the country.
  2. The California Senate (including Diane Fienstien) are responsible for many of these restrictive gun laws
  3. In 2011 the same California Senate voted 28-8 to exempt THEMSELVES from these restrictive gun laws http://joeforamerica.com/2017/01/california-senate-exempt-gun-laws/  
  4. Clearly their lives are more important and than the lives of the citizens of the Peoples Republic of California :dunno: 
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Casper said:

My guns are broke. They've never killed anyone or anything. Those poor defenseless clay pigeons though... poor bastards never saw it coming. 

Oh I wish I had a dollar for every clay pigeon I've hit...

48 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

2. The California Senate (including Diane Fienstien) are responsible for many of these restrictive gun laws
  3. In 2011 the same California Senate voted 28-8 to exempt THEMSELVES from these restrictive gun laws http://joeforamerica.com/2017/01/california-senate-exempt-gun-laws/  
  4. Clearly their lives are more important and than the lives of the citizens of the Peoples Republic of California :dunno: 

Little Germany?

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Again, "banning" guns isn't necessarily the best method of "gun control". These micro-examples aren't necessarily telling since gun regulations aren't uniform across state lines, and there is no patrolling of these arbitrary state borders. You can drive from Ohio to Chicago or Ohio to Detroit with a truckload of legally purchased guns, and nobody is going to stop you to inspect your Ford for weapons at the state or city border.

As for government officials exempting themselves from gun laws, Democrats aren't alone... Georgia's "guns everywhere" law doesn't include the government buildings where the law makers work...

Edited by magley64
More info

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

You guys are having some severe motorcycle withdraw...

You're not gonna change anyone's political opinion on OR, so why argue about it? Were a bunch of stubborn libtards, bigots, snowflakes, or racists. Whatever the hip new label is right now. I can't keep up with it, I'm too busy riding my motorcycle. :lol:

He says as he's posting in the same thread... Don't post and ride, people get mad about that.