An addicts Story of a costly Costly gap trip

NinjaDoc

9 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've personally never had any issues using my canyon dancers... I've used them a fair amount as well.

Joel's canyon dancers snapped somewhere in cinci.   Fortunately the bikes were packed in there tight and it just laid over on the twin star with minimal damage   

Edited by max power

3 hours ago, max power said:

Joel's canyon dancers snapped somewhere in cinci.   Fortunately the bikes were packed in there tight and it just laid over on the twin star with minimal damage   

Wow. Any pics of it? I'd love to see where it snapped. And send a pic to the Canyon Dancer folks. They replaced mine for free when it started to fray/break threads. 

4 hours ago, max power said:

Ouch. Noted. Maybe not as great as I thought. I just started to use a Canyon dancer this year. 

15 hours ago, Tonik said:

Did it come with extra batteries?

haha funny weird story, i cant even make this up. I pull up at my home, get the bike of trailer and then went to start the subaru to get the trailer back....battery acting funny... i mean this car never ever gave me problem. and on the day i haul a triumph the battery gives me crap :) ... jump started and then things fortunately worked out. 

plus first thing i did is put the thing on a tender just in case :D 

14 hours ago, nebbish said:

Thanks durk! Is this the actual cycle? 

I mean if it is the feej of @NinjaDoc, then I of course will buy it. I mean think of the infamy of this cycle.

;)

hahah if your serious we can chat over PM. :) 

14 hours ago, JackImpact said:

What a classy lady! What did ya name her? 

Never thought about naming bikes, but this one for sure gives you the feeling of a classy lady.  Think i might name her "Sade" why not, right, british, classy, and smooth set of natural pipes and hopefully make me a smooth operator. 

13 hours ago, max power said:

Beautiful bike. If you need any trailering advice just ask. But since you didn't, I'm going to give you some. :D

Never tie a bike down by the handlebar grips. They bend real easy.

Naked bikes are easy. Get yourself some tiedown loops to go around the lower triples and tie the front down on those. Then just tie the back down tight enough that it won't bounce around and you're done.

yea. i was worried about it, i didnt have anything in my hand other than these, the lower triple idea sounds good. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've personally never had any issues using my canyon dancers... I've used them a fair amount as well.

i was looking online for those, looks like size 32 is the one to get for striple. but having bar end mirror might not work with it right? 

12 hours ago, what said:

I was pretty sure you were going to make the leap once I saw you start hauling ass on the Cherohala. You definitely looked comfortable on the bike and it didn't take you that long to get a feel for it. 

haha that was a good reason. that road was super smooth and clean. My worry is ohio roads not gonna be like that. Its the uneven payment and me getting jolted around in a lighter bike that made me love big heavy bikes since they felt more planted and stable. In time will see with proper suspender setting if this guy will behave. 

i am pretty sure you were sure that i was gonna end up pulling the trigger :D even @Hellmutt was asking about it. I guess no body thought i was crazy to pull the trigger within 24 freaking hours of touching base station. 

another thing is i was pretty beat up by the end of the day, dont know if it was all the travel and sleepless nights or the "wind jammer effect" of naked bike 

7 hours ago, Bad324 said:

You're not getting a congrats though because this is just routine at this point :lol:

i understand, i used to feel so guilty and down after purchase thinking of how much lack of willpower i have to resist the dark temptation of lust and gluttony for motos. But now it has been happening so often that i am comfortably numb. Classic flowchart followed by addicts :( 

6 hours ago, jbot said:

nivin, you're a mad man.  i knew i liked you for a good reason.

for some reason it makes me really feel good to see you come out of shadows to say this was a borderline good mad call 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Congrats on the new bike Nivin.   When you are going to use that track day cert let me know, I'd LOVE to do my FIRST track day that exact same time.  

i was thinking of the august date that was gonna be OR track date. Plus little more colder than july heat wave to enjoy the day in full leather and down times

• Upvote 2

Yeah no bar end mirrors with canyon dancers. 

As for the striple on ohio roads and it's suspension - you shouldn't need to touch the suspension of the R. Both the forks and the shock are sprung for fast riding/track days and both have rebound/compression damping adjustments. 

For reference, my street triple is still running stock forks/shock/springs. 

Have someone set your sag and there's a good thread on either triumphrat or triumph675 that has recommended rebound/compression damping settings for street/track. Can't remember which site... will have to look it up later when I'm back in Ohio. 

Edited by what

12 hours ago, Casper said:

Wow. Any pics of it? I'd love to see where it snapped. And send a pic to the Canyon Dancer folks. They replaced mine for free when it started to fray/break threads. 

Broke off at the cup. I told him to get pictures of it and send to them.  

Looks like the plastic got dry and deteriorated over time. Do they have a lifetime warranty?Looks like the plastic got dry and deteriorated over time. Do they have a lifetime warranty?

whats the gen consensus nowadays on how much to compress the forks when tie down? internet is full of info from all through the spectrum. And as we all know Ohioriders always have the accurate best trust worthy answers in the whole wide web.....  yep 

:trollface:

now the tough part is to resist pming @RidersDiscount regarding add ons for striple, after the last bike i was dead set that i will never do mods on bike unless absolutely and critically needed. But frame sliders... every one needs frame sliders right..  

8 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I've never used frame sliders. 

i am always afraid of those oops garage moments etc rather than full on high speed low side. :(

2 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Wow doc......much sooner than expected!   I'd assumed you'd shopped for at least a week or more.   Congrats man!!

oh no, the shopping is a constant process in my head ...CL/ CT/ forums/ dealer websites/ everything . just had to choose one from the database of 10 best choice and pull the trigger. :)

• Upvote 1

I think its gone beyond addiction!  :nono: Beautiful bike Nivin, lets try and keep this one for more than six months.  If I had the cash I would for sure take a look at your FJR, it would be a great addition to the stable and you have it set up with all the right upgrades.  Too bad my wife would throw me out a window if I brought home another bike.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

i was thinking of the august date that was gonna be OR track date. Plus little more colder than july heat wave to enjoy the day in full leather and down times

Awesome, I've put the request in for August 21st off.   Let's make this happen!

• Upvote 1

I used to have the same problem.  I used to have a rotating stable of 2-4 street bikes.  Some fell out of favor after a couple rides, some I kept for 30-40k.

Now 2 is my absolute max, and they have to fill different roles ;)

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Wolfman1 said:

I think its gone beyond addiction!  :nono: Beautiful bike Nivin, lets try and keep this one for more than six months.  If I had the cash I would for sure take a look at your FJR, it would be a great addition to the stable and you have it set up with all the right upgrades.  Too bad my wife would throw me out a window if I brought home another bike.

i know, I some time wonder why , but I kind of know why too :)

3 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Awesome, I've put the request in for August 21st off.   Let's make this happen!

Awesome I will put in mine soon as well, hopefully I still have a bike by then lol

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

Are you really a Doctor?

I mean like went to school, got degrees, etc?

How is the HELL were you able to pull THAT off?

And tell me you are a BIT more decisive when a patient is asking your opinion of what procedure to do, etc.

I can see it now

"Are you sure that my kidney needs to be removed? I mean last week it was my pancreas....and the week before that my spleen"

"Yes, Ms. Coldfish, I am SURE it's your kidney. I AM a Doctor after all"

hahah Dan I know as a person who establishes life long commitment and relation with your motos your mind is being blown into pieces trying to comprehend this madness. Just let it slide :)   This is not part of being indecisive, in fact I come to decision on motorcycle with full commitment and the idea on what I am getting into and idea is to just try them. Its not like I buy them look at it and sell, every cycle I had I learned them and I rode them to my full content. I rode close to 5K or more in the span of few months before I decide to let it go. Max I had was two bike at a time and that too not for long and I wean it down to 1 bike stable. Its not like I am just accumulating bikes and not using them. All used bikes or great deal left over. And the total amount of financial hit I taken so far is not even close to a guy who would for Eg: buy a high end motorcycle like Duc/harley new and then sold or traded it in two years. High turn over rate I agree is bad, but life is short and so many motorcycles to experience. And this is the only madness I have. Like I tried to justify myself... other than this I don't spend money on anything else at all almost.. nothing unnecessary.  No other vices, no other major hobbies, no interest in fashion, no expensive cars, no watch ,no high end dine and wine , no xbox large tv, nothing ...absolutely nothing else. still use the same glasses shoes cloths I had bought from india 7 yrs ago. Very very weirdly minimalist, to the point jerry once told me I don't dress or accessorize like a doctor at all :D  I started med school at 19 - been studying for almost 14 yrs, did all back home then repeated everything again here . Studied till 33, I know this pee, seen this pee before, not my first rodeo pee :)  when it comes to kidneys I can diagnose and take decision in my sleep that the avg physician is struggling with, so no worries there. The only thing i am proud of other than my family is the work i do. No compromise or excuse there even if i joke around here.  And with that big brag I will stop right here. I will go now and take some pancreas out... oh wait I think it was kidneys. At the very least am gonna fry Mr coldfish :lol:

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I used to have the same problem.  I used to have a rotating stable of 2-4 street bikes.  Some fell out of favor after a couple rides, some I kept for 30-40k.

Now 2 is my absolute max, and they have to fill different roles ;)

exactly how it works :)  still to find something to keep for 30K , FJR I might as of now if the longer rides on striple looks to be tiresome.

Edited by NinjaDoc

11 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I know a Doctor who can help

I give up, no matter what I still can't convince myself  no matter how hard I try to justify it :( 

on june 14 2017 I am gonna take an oath that no more bike changes ......

fine print: until absolutely needed 

• Upvote 2

This is awesome!  Bike looks great man, real happy for you.  I'll get in line when/if you decide to sell your FJR.  I wouldn't mind one again.  It's that or a scooter.  Or a grom.  Anyway, yeah bud!  Cool bike and I love the color!

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2017 at 0:11 AM, NinjaDoc said:

for some reason it makes me really feel good to see you come out of shadows to say this was a borderline good mad call 

haha the striple is a great bike, so definitely not a borderline good, but absolutely fantastic call.

i would recommend you get the tank corner covers.  guy on the triumph 675 forum sells CF ones for a reasonable price and they do help protect the corners.  This was on a 2012 so they might've fixed that vulnerability on the newer ones.

enjoy the bike!

20 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Enjoy it. If you were still in India you'd have to ride a 125cc enduro whole toting your family and hauling three propane tanks to the market. 

Hahaha exactly, growing up I thought these machines would be just pics on the wall. Never even seen one in person. Now I am like a kid in a candy store. Paul thx for making me feel less sick :) 

50 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I'm wondering if there is a loophole in controlled substance enforcement?

Are you planning to buy your own trailer or rent when needed? If you are buying one the only thing I want to see you using are Pit Bull trailer restraints for this bike.

As of now just renting, just 4-5 times a whole year of use, no sense in buying I thought. But been getting advice from many about the TRS. I saw one in action too, very neat 

what about your second gear, when do we get to see you on the streets and not on the shows ? I owe you a video from 6 yrs ago :)