An addicts Story of a costly Costly gap trip

NinjaDoc

8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

You wanna cut me a deal on the Ohlins rear shock?:D

Justin, Will let you know. Want to see if it sells as it is, if not will defarkle and sell. Getting rear  shock off and install is such a cumbersome labor with the abs module in way :( plus want to see if I like striple that much. I only rode it in picture perfect pavements and not in real Ohio roads. Fjr I still love and not fully ready to sell yet. : D

Wow, that looks awesome! Congrats on the new ride. I've trailered my bikes all over when I was traveling in the service and it's not too bad. Now you got me thinking about trailering mine on vacation with the family. Well if I ever get time off for a vacation that is lol.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nebbish said:

Thanks durk! Is this the actual cycle? 

I mean if it is the feej of @NinjaDoc, then I of course will buy it. I mean think of the infamy of this cycle.

;)

It is the cycle. Just not how serious the seller is about letting it go. 

• Upvote 1

Beautiful bike. If you need any trailering advice just ask. But since you didn't, I'm going to give you some. :D

Never tie a bike down by the handlebar grips. They bend real easy.

Naked bikes are easy. Get yourself some tiedown loops to go around the lower triples and tie the front down on those. Then just tie the back down tight enough that it won't bounce around and you're done.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was pretty sure you were going to make the leap once I saw you start hauling ass on the Cherohala. You definitely looked comfortable on the bike and it didn't take you that long to get a feel for it. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've personally never had any issues using my canyon dancers... I've used them a fair amount as well.

I used a dancer to haul my bike to and from the gap. Never had an issue with bars or bike moving around. I don't even have a wheel stand or anything and it survived Cincinnati so I'd say a Canyon Dancer is a great product. 

• Upvote 1

You weren't kidding about the condition of clean on that thing. You're not getting a congrats though because this is just routine at this point :lol:

Also, canyon dancer and a Baxley makes trailering a breeze. 

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

You weren't kidding about the condition of clean on that thing. You're not getting a congrats though because this is just routine at this point :lol:

Also, canyon dancer and a Baxley makes trailering a breeze. 

Truth. The only way it gets better is a TRS.

• Upvote 2