Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

Trailhead Steakhouse has a few beers on draft (Yuengling, Fat Tire, Sam Adam, Bud, etc) and a "whole bunch" in cans and bottles. This is where I want to eat dinner one night. 

Trailhead Steakhouse
7839 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy
Townsend, TN 37882

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Damn, so your bringing a 6 pack and a sleeping bag?

Just a deck of cards.  I'll win what I need.

...In that little tail box and waterproof bag I have...6 days worth of clothes, swim stuff, shoes, a few days worth of food, mini air compressor, tools for any number of mishaps, emergency supplies, chain lube, bug spray, rain gear, shower stuff, etc.  I was a Marine, I know how to pack :) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I was a Marine, I know how to pack :) 

People always look at me fun when I go on week long vacations with just a backpack. Was Army, but same packing disciplines in the infantry ☺️

Edited by wolfeman28
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Just a deck of cards.  I'll win what I need.

...In that little tail box and waterproof bag I have...6 days worth of clothes, swim stuff, shoes, a few days worth of food, mini air compressor, tools for any number of mishaps, emergency supplies, chain lube, bug spray, rain gear, shower stuff, etc.  I was a Marine, I know how to pack :) 

My Frogg Toggs take up more space than my clothes for the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

Fucking melting again today in the heat. Got a room at the Colony House outside Waynesboro. 

Anyone in the area let me know. Gonna literally chill in the AC a bit and then maybe head out to eat 

brutal brutal heat the last two days. 

NC or VA?

4 hours ago, what said:

Just rode past a silver connie getting loaded on a flatbed and a flashy lights cop car on tyr north end of foothills, with no rider to be seen and no damage to the bike.

@2talltim spending the night in the slammer? ?

Not me

• Upvote 1

The Roamr and myself are at the Econolodge in Marion, VA for the night. We ended up slabbing to Parkersburg and then took 50 to Ellenboro and rode 16 to here. 470 miles for me, I wasn’t sure that I could still ride that much in a day. Planning on riding the Snake tomorrow, then heading to Townsend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

The Roamr and myself are at the Econolodge in Marion, VA for the night. We ended up slabbing to Parkersburg and then took 50 to Ellenboro and rode 16 to here. 470 miles for me, I wasn’t sure that I could still ride that much in a day. Planning on riding the Snake tomorrow, then heading to Townsend.

How are the road conditions on 16?

We'll be riding it tomorrow.