Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

5 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Less than 2 weeks! Anyone build any routes for day trips when were down there?

In my head. But honestly this might be the most laid back gap tip I've ever taken. I'll do the usual routes Foothills, Dragon, 28, Skyway, Six Gap but might might be taking more time just to relax and enjoy scenery and people watching at the Gap stores and other places. Maybe be back earlier in the day and utilize the pool more. 

For those that want to try something new the area north of knoxville is pretty decent that's where the devils triangle is. https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/devils-triangle-tn-map/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, max power said:

Anyone local have a small trailer I can borrow, buy or rent?

Really want to bring both bikes but don’t want to drive the suburban down solo

See if @Habi still has his. I'd loan you mine but it isn't tagged tested or set up for a bike yet. 

1 hour ago, max power said:

I'm still planning to take my toy hauler down, what bikes?

1 hour ago, nebbish said:

I'm still planning to take my toy hauler down, what bikes?

FZ1 and Xr650

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

Can’t put both in the Toyota? 

John hauls two sport bikes in his Dakota the endro and FZ should fit easy

No 

7 hours ago, 2talltim said:

In my head. But honestly this might be the most laid back gap tip I've ever taken. I'll do the usual routes Foothills, Dragon, 28, Skyway, Six Gap but might might be taking more time just to relax and enjoy scenery and people watching at the Gap stores and other places. Maybe be back earlier in the day and utilize the pool more. 

For those that want to try something new the area north of knoxville is pretty decent that's where the devils triangle is. https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/devils-triangle-tn-map/

I'm kind of thinking along these lines as well. Check out the scenery, go tubing, hang out with my buddy Dave with 129 photos while he takes pictures. 

Thinking of taking another trip down later this summer too. August is looking like not a lot of travel for work, surprisingly. October too. 

Edited by what
  • Like 1

I will be in this area from the 22nd to the 25th

http://www.thesnake421.com/

Currently have one big route planned and three short routes planned. Hitting several roads north of Tazewell.

Will also be doing Back of the Dragon (16) between Tazewell and Marion.

Staying in Tazewell for something like $60 a night for a room by myself because I hate sharing a room with smelly snoring guys.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Currently have one big route planned and three short routes planned. Hitting several roads north of Tazewell.

Staying in Tazewell for something like $60 a night for a room by myself because I hate sharing a room with smelly snoring guys.

I'll be rolling that area a couple days  probably the 18th and 19th on the way down

32 minutes ago, nebbish said:

Might be able to do this, will know Monday, when imget back from PA.

You have a trs setup in your TH yet? Once you get over the initial investment, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

3 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

421 and back of the dragon are a lot of fun. 

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

You have a trs setup in your TH yet? Once you get over the initial investment, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

What is trs stand for?

On 6/8/2018 at 7:43 AM, max power said:

Max, I was thinking about attending the event with both my bikes, Z1000 & V-strom 1000. Are you still looking for someone to share your big trailer and gas expenses with. I have not looked into lodging yet. I am just outside Logan on 93. Let me know and I will look into lodging. Also are you wanting to ride some adventure dirt stuff on your DR?

Brian

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Max, I was thinking about attending the event with both my bikes, Z1000 & V-strom 1000. Are you still looking for someone to share your big trailer and gas expenses with. I have not looked into lodging yet. I am just outside Logan on 93. Let me know and I will look into lodging. Also are you wanting to ride some adventure dirt stuff on your DR?

Brian

12 hours ago, max power said:

On my XR, yes.  

Was planning to just load the XR650L in the pickup and roll, but if you’re interested in trailering all 4 down, I’m in.   Pm incoming.  

This working out? Did OR just make another love connection? 

• Haha 1