Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Casper said:

I bet you crossed the double yellow coming out of every turn. Disgusting. 

I bet you I didn't at all. I also bet you I almost made my wife puke coming up 28..lol

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Ran into an old friend down here last night and he said 60 and 68 from 129 to telico has mostly been repaved. Also said the good parts of 28 from Franklin to 74 have been paved. I might check out that bit today.

• Upvote 1

Just a liiittttle bit of body roll :lol: But I tell you what for the big heavy girl she is, she handled very nicey on those roads. Used the paddle shifter on the console A LOT. Even keep up with a group of Focus ST's that were railing around. Just kept telling the wife "if you get sick just remember it's your car":D

1199456158_kb6.JPG.4a39c7416b8fae47af9b26245226e017.JPG

2006965131_kb7.JPG.6675bcce1b8be36fab264e9cd141c7ae.JPG

1318500667_kb8.JPG.f01e1d00599e9d71356b005080bcd4dc.JPG

197095595_kb3.JPG.fa52e691e8d4988daee3ae5fc2a1325c.JPG

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 3

For those who are riding down, what day are you going down, and what day? @thompsonian and I will be rolling south Wednesday and arriving at Townsend that evening. I am between a couple routes right now, just unsure if I wanna do a 500+ mile day of twisties on the way down, or add some slab and get there quicker :dunno:

Lookin like I may be solo trailering down with my 2 bikes.  Anyone want to ride down with me?  

I have to ability to squeeze up to 5 sport bikes on the trailer and I have a suburban big enough to haul all the gear.  

And no, I won’t haul your shit down solo.  

8 hours ago, max power said:

Lookin like I may be solo trailering down with my 2 bikes.  Anyone want to ride down with me?  

I have to ability to squeeze up to 5 sport bikes on the trailer and I have a suburban big enough to haul all the gear.  

When are you leaving and coming back 

10 hours ago, max power said:

I plan to ride down, but let me know if there's a spot open on the return voyage.

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I plan to ride down, but let me know if there's a spot open on the return voyage.

Thats the move. Did that last trip and didn't regret riding back with @what one bit. That a lot of riding (for me) in a week.

4 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

When are you leaving and coming back 

I think going down Wednesday and coming back SundayI think going down Wednesday and coming back Sunday. 

Not positive though, got to check the reservations and what days I took off.

Edited by max power

On 5/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, max power said:

Has anyone in our group ever stayed at this Townsend in? Or in Townsend in general?

Is anyone bringing wives or special lady friends?

Are there things to do in Townsend and will there be people there to do them with?

My wife is actually able to go this year and I want to make sure that if she does go she won’t be bored while I’m out playing motorcycles all day.  

If not I may have to bring her back down because she stuck in that vacation = beach mode.  She needs to see the majesty of the mountains.

And before it’s mentioned, she’s not real interested in riding around on the back of my bike all day.

Few diners in town along with some fast food itself.  There's a big place that does tubing down the river. If you head east you can do a drive through Cades Cove.  I would avoid it in a car (unless you have a lot of time to kill)on a bike if it gets busy you can split traffic. Cade's Cove gets busy once people have bear sightings and stop for pictures.  Gatlinburg and pigeon forge are both relatively close.  Can always head to Pigeon forge for dinner if you want to get out of Townsend. May check the Townsend events and see if theirs anything to do. The Townsend event center is 5 mins from the hotel.

Edited by rawlins87

1 hour ago, rawlins87 said:

Few diners in town along with some fast food itself.  There's a big place that does tubing down the river. If you head east you can do a drive through Cades Cove.  I would avoid it in a car (unless you have a lot of time to kill)on a bike if it gets busy you can split traffic. Cade's Cove gets busy once people have bear sightings and stop for pictures.  Gatlinburg and pigeon forge are both relatively close.  Can always head to Pigeon forge for dinner if you want to get out of Townsend. May check the Townsend events and see if theirs anything to do. The Townsend event center is 5 mins from the hotel.

Just don’t pass 10 cars at a time. If you do that you have a small squad of armed park rangers suround you in the guest center parking lot. Ahem.... @marlboro man

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

Just don’t pass 10 cars at a time. If you do that you have a small squad of armed park rangers suround you in the guest center parking lot. Ahem.... @marlboro man

We passed probably 30+

Had someone crazy lady that was mad at us filter try to run me over and lose a mirror.

Edited by rawlins87

9 hours ago, Danimal said:

be aware...LOTS of water damage in the 'Gap area.

Most of Wayah Rd is shut down due to high water and erosion damage to road subsurface

Junaluska Rd also shut down

You can read more here for updates

https://www.facebook.com/MaconCo911/?hc_ref=ARQoGnl81w2NrgAZqaYrUKay0rTAja6JCA5IxLE2ySW0mgD3qufKRVdHXEBfdE3Lul4&fref=nf

Took this pic on Wednesday. We drove to Wayah to find it blocked, then went around to Junaluska and followed it down. This is at Junaluska and Old River Road. Just days before we had driven down Old River Road and been walking thru the waterfalls. 

DSC_0232.JPG