Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

4 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Why not?

Goldwing_Towing_Dirt_Bike.jpg

:lol:

Because the last time someone tried to ride down with another two wheeled vehicle in tow, it delayed our start time because we decided having a sail on the back of the multistrada wasnt a great idea.

Have great memories of that trip @Pauly

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Have great memories of that trip @Pauly

The absolute #1 thing I miss about not having a motorcycle is all my gap trips with @Pauly and that pesky @Likwid character. Hands down some of the best times on and off two wheels I've ever had

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

So I'm getting into the excited mode for this trip. Seeing as we are inhabiting new territory this year, would those of you who have stayed in Townsend before please share some of your favorite day trips.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

So I'm getting into the excited mode for this trip. Seeing as we are inhabiting new territory this year, would those of you who have stayed in Townsend before please share some of your favorite day trips.

Same trips we always take, except they begin and end with the dragon and foothills parkway.

Just now, Tonik said:

Same trips we always take, except they begin and end with the dragon and foothills parkway.

Looking at some of the "roads" near the hotel, I wish I still had the DR650. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Well then, you can go the other way which is through Pigeon Forge at fucking rush hour.

Little River Gorge Rd drops you off on 441 south of Gatlinburg. FYI. 

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

This.  And other than tourist traffic, it's a nice, sweeping, scenic ride too

55 minutes ago, Casper said:

I am aware, I was speaking in general terms. You two rump rangers go that way a let us know how it works out for you.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I am aware, I was speaking in general terms. You two rump rangers go that way a let us know how it works out for you.

I’m just going to follow you around honking the whole time. 

8 minutes ago, Casper said:

I’m just going to follow you around honking the whole time. 

I need a room first, you said you were gonna call on the reservation cut off date weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I need a room first, you said you were gonna call on the reservation cut off date weeks ago.

Also said you could call. Why not just get your room? 

PS: I sent them an email. I’ll let you know what I hear back. 

Has anyone in our group ever stayed at this Townsend in? Or in Townsend in general?

Is anyone bringing wives or special lady friends?

Are there things to do in Townsend and will there be people there to do them with?

My wife is actually able to go this year and I want to make sure that if she does go she won’t be bored while I’m out playing motorcycles all day.  

If not I may have to bring her back down because she stuck in that vacation = beach mode.  She needs to see the majesty of the mountains.

And before it’s mentioned, she’s not real interested in riding around on the back of my bike all day.

Edited by max power

32 minutes ago, max power said:

Has anyone in our group ever stayed at this Townsend in? Or in Townsend in general?

Is anyone bringing wives or special lady friends?

Are there things to do in Townsend and will there be people there to do them with?

My wife is actually able to go this year and I want to make sure that if she does go she won’t be bored while I’m out playing motorcycles all day.  

If not I may have to bring her back down because she stuck in that vacation = beach mode.  She needs to see the majesty of the mountains.

And before it’s mentioned, she’s not real interested in riding around on the back of my bike all day.

Josh stayed there last year. 

As for wives going, if yours goes and I can get a babysitter, Carie might be interested in going. 

22 minutes ago, max power said:

Also, is anyone else bringing an enduro/adv bike That wants to hit some back water stuff?

I'll be on the CB500x.  I'll have 80/20 tires on it.  I plan to do some easy gravel and dirt roads.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I'll be on the CB500x.  I'll have 80/20 tires on it.  I plan to do some easy gravel and dirt roads.

I am probably a 90/10 tires at the moment. They were brand new when I bought the bike and I’m determined to burn them up before I threw some 50/50 on there. You’re in good company. My bike (and me) absolutely sucks in the gravel with these tires, but I’m totally down to ride it in the gravel as long as no one expects me to be fast.   and hell yeah Dano, will totally take you up on that. 

Getting stoked! 

36153B9E-393C-43EE-8EC1-95E073423986.jpeg

Edited by max power
Add pic