Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

• 2 weeks later...

I’m back in for this. The wedding I was supposed to be at has been postponed due to the groom being deployed. Still have reservations Wednesday through the weekend but have the whole week off. I’m guessing won’t be able to wait and will end up wanting to tag along with some of the folks headed south Tuesday. :D

16 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

I’m back in for this. The wedding I was supposed to be at has been postponed due to the groom being deployed. Still have reservations Wednesday through the weekend but have the whole week off. I’m guessing won’t be able to wait and will end up wanting to tag along with some of the folks headed south Tuesday. :D

I'll be there mid-day Tuesday probably. I plan to leave Columbus pretty early and try to get to Townsend by noon. Not sure when Tracy and Kevin will get there but they should be down at some point Tuesday as well. 

53 minutes ago, Danimal said:

So, with Nebbish trailering down, is there anyone else planning on riding down that would care if I tagged along? Anyone else going down on a DS or ADV bike? I know tons of crazy dirt roads on the way down.

I PM'd Craig, but then later read his post saying he wasn't making the trip this year,

If not, I'll just see you guys down there,

Subject to change but slabbing to Lexington area Wednesday. Then Jim and @ScubaCinci 's Damn Dam Route on Thursday to Townsend.

Where the hell has Joe been anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I was just ask via text message the other day if I'd heard from him. Maybe he dose not like us anymore. Well no one likes me so...Maybe he dose not like you anymore. 

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

Subject to change but slabbing to Lexington area Wednesday. Then Jim and @ScubaCinci 's Damn Dam Route on Thursday to Townsend.

Did you figure out who you are sleeping with....staying with yet?

On 4/25/2018 at 1:23 PM, Tonik said:

Sorry, been super busy man...had Achilles surgery in September, my son got reassigned to Ft Campbell in Nov so they've needed help, I got promoted in December :bling: and been working 60+ hour weeks ever since including several trips to Boston - I know, woe is me :cry:

I've had the bike out exactly one time since September and that was to ride into work one morning a week or so ago. Since I've been working so many hours I've been working mostly from home - I've saved a lot of money on gas and miles on the car though!

My wife is expanding her business, moving to a new building and migrating her practice to a new broker/dealer so between us we haven't had a moment's peace. I don't think I've turned on the TV in a few months.

Things should calm down for us late summer so I'm hoping I can take an extended vacation this fall to do a proper bike trip. It's a pretty good bet I'll have not used any vacation days until then.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Sorry, been super busy man...had Achilles surgery in September, my son got reassigned to Ft Campbell in Nov so they've needed help, I got promoted in December :bling: and been working 60+ hour weeks ever since including several trips to Boston - I know, woe is me :cry:

I've had the bike out exactly one time since September and that was to ride into work one morning a week or so ago. Since I've been working so many hours I've been working mostly from home - I've saved a lot of money on gas and miles on the car though!

My wife is expanding her business, moving to a new building and migrating her practice to a new broker/dealer so between us we haven't had a moment's peace. I don't think I've turned on the TV in a few months.

Things should calm down for us late summer so I'm hoping I can take an extended vacation this fall to do a proper bike trip. It's a pretty good bet I'll have not used any vacation days until then.

Ok, all is good. That is what matters.

• 2 weeks later...

The last few months have been crazy hectic.  I'm hoping things will start slowing down.  So, I'm going to try to make this trip.  I requested the days off work.

Speaking of slowing down, I'll be on the CB500x, which should actually be pretty fun on the dragon.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

The last few months have been crazy hectic.  I'm hoping things will start slowing down.  So, I'm going to try to make this trip.  I requested the days off work.

Speaking of slowing down, I'll be on the CB500x, which should actually be pretty fun on the dragon.  

Light bikes you can wring out in 2nd/3rd gear are a lot of fun in the tight stuff. I really want to ride a grom there...

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

You can ride 500.  It's way more fun than you'd expect.

I'm bringing lots of fun with me this year. The Triumph and the CBR1k. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I’m bringing the XR650L 

On 4/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, Tonik said:

No, still waiting for @Casper to call them and find out when the reservation code expires.

You haven’t booked yet!? Do it quick, dumbass. 

The email says 30 days prior to checkin but not 100% sure on that. You can call and ask also. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:25 PM, Danimal said:

So, with Nebbish trailering down, is there anyone else planning on riding down that would care if I tagged along? Anyone else going down on a DS or ADV bike? I know tons of crazy dirt roads on the way down.

I PM'd Craig, but then later read his post saying he wasn't making the trip this year,

If not, I'll just see you guys down there,

Not ADVing, but you’re welcome to join for the ride down. I imagine it’ll be the same folks as usual.