Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

26 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yea her counter part will be on maternity leave and there is another lady with more time than her at the office that wants those days off too. So it is what it is. 

Those bitches...  :D

Edited by 2talltim

22 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yea her counter part will be on maturity leave and there is another lady with more time than her at the office that wants those days off too. So it is what it is. 

Maturity leave? Is that when you're too old to work so you take lots of vacations?Maturity leave? Is that when you're too old to work so you take lots of vacations?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, max power said:

Maturity leave? Is that when you're too old to work so you take lots of vacations?Maturity leave? Is that when you're too old to work so you take lots of vacations?

I think it's when you start forgetting stuff, and saying the same thing over and over again. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, max power said:

Damn technology mis-correcting me. :lol: 

1 minute ago, what said:

I think it's when you start forgetting stuff, and saying the same thing over and over again. 

Oh my God. Me and the wife just had that conversation this weekend after I spent a few hours visiting my dad. I ask her what can we do to "not" end up that way. My old mam repeats himself soooooo much. I think so much idle time by himself since mom passed away is making him loose his ever loving mind.

5 minutes ago, Danimal said:

feh...the SV rode Parsons Branch many times. As long as it's not too wet, you could do it on Jim's couch

Ive done it on the Strom and a Shadow 600vlx. Had more fun on the Shadow..lol

30 minutes ago, what said:

I'm at that "forgetting stuff" stage, hopefully I'm not at the saying things over and over again part yet... ughhh, old people problems.  :nono:

I'm just hoping to take all of my vacation days this year since I had to roll 5 of them over to this year, which reminds me, I have 2 days that I need to schedule off before the end of the month.  

1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

I'm at that "forgetting stuff" stage, hopefully I'm not at the saying things over and over again part yet... ughhh, old people problems.  :nono:

I'm just hoping to take all of my vacation days this year since I had to roll 5 of them over to this year, which reminds me, I have 2 days that I need to schedule off before the end of the month.  

I'm not capped on vacation since it caps out at like 160 hours, but I'm more than halfway there. A good number of people I work with are capped though. Going out to NM 2 years ago for a month to help my dad out after his strokes killed off all of my saved vacation time (plus a couple weeks of unpaid leave) up to that point. 

Somehow you need to figure out how to spend those 2 days on motorcycle stuff :o

28 minutes ago, what said:

I'm not capped on vacation since it caps out at like 160 hours, but I'm more than halfway there. A good number of people I work with are capped though. Going out to NM 2 years ago for a month to help my dad out after his strokes killed off all of my saved vacation time (plus a couple weeks of unpaid leave) up to that point. 

Somehow you need to figure out how to spend those 2 days on motorcycle stuff :o

If it would warm up, I could finally install the new rearsets that are still sitting in the box in the kitchen.  They've only been there since the end of November.  The struggle of not having a heated garage...  :(

33 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

If it would warm up, I could finally install the new rearsets that are still sitting in the box in the kitchen.  They've only been there since the end of November.  The struggle of not having a heated garage...  :(

Yeah I never re-assembled the CBR after swapping water for antifreeze in november. Cold garages are no bueno. 

1 hour ago, what said:

Yeah I never re-assembled the CBR after swapping water for antifreeze in november. Cold garages are no bueno. 

We have an attached unheated garage and I found a small electric heater provided just enough warmth to work out there when the outside temps were above 20.

I was able to do valve checks and repack the suspension bearings. In many ways it is much better than in the summer where the enclosed area can be very hot and stuffy. Still it easy to put it off if you know you wont be doing many miles in the next few weeks :(

On 3/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, tall_tracy said:

On 3/8/2018 at 3:14 PM, what said:

On 3/8/2018 at 4:51 PM, CBBaron said:

We have an attached unheated garage and I found a small electric heater provided just enough warmth to work out there when the outside temps were above 20.

I was able to do valve checks and repack the suspension bearings. In many ways it is much better than in the summer where the enclosed area can be very hot and stuffy. Still it easy to put it off if you know you wont be doing many miles in the next few weeks :(

Shit, get a kerosene heater and get to work.  I find winter garage time to be relaxing and way better than sitting in front of the tube.   That reminds me, I've got to get my spring oil changes and equipment checks underway.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to add to things but if anyone is still looking for accommodations.... this place next door to the Townsend Gateway Inn has houses for rent at $200/night that supposedly sleep up to 16 people. http://talleyhoinn.com/the-inn.html

I looked into booking at the Gateway Inn and it seems that every room is booked. I snozed I lozed, yeah yeah, sadly I didn't know the wedding plans until after the first of the year and by that time Gateway was booked solid. 

That said, I am looking at going down a bit early. I *MIGHT* do the Mid-O track day the Monday (18th) of that week but if I don't I might head down to Townsend instead. May be looking for a roommate to keep costs down. This place also has 2 bed, fridge and microwave rooms for $89/night and single small rooms for $69/night. Very reasonable and has good reviews. 

On 3/10/2018 at 10:04 PM, nebbish said:

Man, starting to wonder if Ye Olde Mill Campground is still open. No responses from them and the last post or review is from 2 seasons ago.

I am wondering the same thing.

2 hours ago, what said:

Not to add to things but if anyone is still looking for accommodations.... this place next door to the Townsend Gateway Inn has houses for rent at $200/night that supposedly sleep up to 16 people. http://talleyhoinn.com/the-inn.html

I looked into booking at the Gateway Inn and it seems that every room is booked. I snozed I lozed, yeah yeah, sadly I didn't know the wedding plans until after the first of the year and by that time Gateway was booked solid. 

That said, I am looking at going down a bit early. I *MIGHT* do the Mid-O track day the Monday (18th) of that week but if I don't I might head down to Townsend instead. May be looking for a roommate to keep costs down. This place also has 2 bed, fridge and microwave rooms for $89/night and single small rooms for $69/night. Very reasonable and has good reviews. 

I believe there were a couple places right beside Townsend gateway. Just north of it

7 hours ago, what said:

Did you put the promo code in? I'm showing plenty of available rooms.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Did you put the promo code in? I'm showing plenty of available rooms.

Oh, didn't know that had an effect. If that's the case then nevermind. 

I'll call them up today and ask questions. 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

@Casper

What is the deadline for us to use the promo code before the Inn releases the rooms to the general public?

That's a really good question. I forget. I'll call and ask them, but I think it was the end of this month.