Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

There was something written up about it on here somewhere in the past. Coming out of the woods down hill there was a couple just starting to walk across the bridge that distracted and took a second off of the decision process. No one knew which direction the road went and the split second decision was made to go right into the parking lot instead of following the road left. A bumpy airborne ride followed by heavy braking with all of us inches from each other when we finally came to a stop in a parking lot.

I found the location on maps hopefully it imbeds.

https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1515538675829!6m8!1m7!1s2c89HlymAz4yeVgwI0DB8Q!2m2!1d34.74041266436413!2d-83.97658099425935!3f100.95027306202172!4f-3.9873553315038066!5f0.7820865974627469

Edited by Uncle Punk

4 minutes ago, Helmutt said:

Yeah, @Dizzledan didn't use any scent blockers.....just a flashlight and a camera to go bear hunt the south grounds at Fontana a couple years back LOL

He really wanted to add bear to his recipe book. 

And much like a bear, I think @Dizzledan only comes out of hibernation for a few days every year to visit Deal's Gap and then return to his slumber. 

Edited by what

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2018 at 10:38 PM, Pauly said:

Word up. I won't be strapping the Wheelhouse to my bike this time, but I may have room for some closed-toe footwear. 

If I can make the trip, I'll go hiking with you. Plus, I can carry my own water. 

I'm planning to ride the FJR down, and Shannon is driving the truck. If you need to offload some gear to be hauled with 4 wheels, we can probably arrange that.
And I know they, and possibly I, plan to do some hiking.

Well the Mrs. going with me is not going to happen now, she can't get the time off work. I have the entire week off so right now the plan is her and I plan on going to Cedar Point that Monday and I'll be leaving for the Gap on Tuesday and taking 2 days to go down. Haven't thought of a route yet but I will be Zero freeway. If for some reason she can't get that Monday off to go to CP I will be leaving for the gap Sunday and taking a grand tour down. 

• Upvote 1

It's looking like I'll be heading down Tuesday via Element and trailer with 2 bikes. Anyone still looking to split a room or do any of the cabins/suites have a open? 

If anyone is heading down earlier than Tuesday, my schedule is fairly flexible that week. 

13 minutes ago, what said:

It's looking like I'll be heading down Tuesday via Element and trailer with 2 bikes. 

WHAT!?  You can't  trailer down!

:lol: In before the trailer Nazis try to tell you how to live your life.  

What 2 bikes are you bringing down?  

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, max power said:

WHAT!?  You can't  trailer down!

:lol: In before the trailer Nazis try to tell you how to live your life.  

What 2 bikes are you bringing down?  

Street Triple and the CBR1k. 

If I need to get down there in 1 day, I'd rather trailer in comfort than slab and waste 400 miles worth of center tire. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Well the Mrs. going with me is not going to happen now, she can't get the time off work. I have the entire week off so right now the plan is her and I plan on going to Cedar Point that Monday and I'll be leaving for the Gap on Tuesday and taking 2 days to go down. Haven't thought of a route yet but I will be Zero freeway. If for some reason she can't get that Monday off to go to CP I will be leaving for the gap Sunday and taking a grand tour down. 

Well that's a bummer that she can't go... 

35 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Well that's a bummer that she can't go... 

Yea her counter part will be on maternity leave and there is another lady with more time than her at the office that wants those days off too. So it is what it is. 

Edited by 2talltim