Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

Jeez.  If this crew is as screwed up and sarcastic on the annual Gap trip as they are on the forum, I've gotta make it a point to go one year just to get some new material to abuse my friends....er, acquaintances with.  No salty pirate, tho....

• 1 month later...

Looks like I’m pretty much out for this. Gotta be in Florida the same week. Plan is to join a few friends headed to the gap the week before and spend a few days in the area. Hope to ride into Florida on the 17th. Would like to stay in Townsend  Friday or Saturday night on the way back and maybe head north with some OR folks back to ohio. 

On 6/12/2017 at 5:49 PM, Casper said:

Also, Hops in the Hills (a craft beer festival in Maryville, TN) is usually the same weekend for those who want to check that out. If enough people are interested, might be worth checking about a taxi/shuttle to take us. 

Just received word from the organizers that this will indeed be June 23rd. 

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So you planned this for when there will be an increased number of drunks on the road trying to kill us?

Sounds about right. Also the SSL cert expired today and google was all kinds of mad every time I tried to come to this site earlier. 

Just now, what said:

Sounds about right. Also the SSL cert expired today and google was all kinds of mad every time I tried to come to this site earlier. 

Yea, that drama is covered in the chat box. I had to step in.

Just now, Tonik said:

Yea, that drama is covered in the chat box. I had to step in.

I thought you'd laud the attempt to dump on Casper in a totally unrelated thread that will survive for at least the next 8 months. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

So you planned this for when there will be an increased number of drunks on the road trying to kill us?

It's in Maryville Friday and Saturday evenings starting at 6:00pm. If you're riding in Maryville Friday or Saturday evenings you're doing this trip wrong. http://www.hopsinthehills.com/schedule

PS: I reached out to the organizers about a shuttle service to/from Townsend... :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, flashesbuck said:

Ok so do you guys ride down? Or trailer it down? Looks like 8 hours from the Cleveland area?

Some people ride, others trailer. If you're trailering, it's probably closer to 10 hours from Cleveland, with gas/food stops and traffic. It's about 8 hours from Columbus all-in. One of the years I rode down I made it back to Columbus from DG in just over 5 hours so... if you're lucky and a little throttle-happy you can shave time off. 

Edited by what

58 minutes ago, flashesbuck said:

Ok so do you guys ride down? Or trailer it down? Looks like 8 hours from the Cleveland area?

55 minutes ago, what said:

Some people ride, others trailer. If you're trailering, it's probably closer to 10 hours from Cleveland, with gas/food stops and traffic. It's about 8 hours from Columbus all-in. One of the years I rode down I made it back to Columbus from DG in just over 5 hours so... if you're lucky and a little throttle-happy you can shave time off. 

What what said. :D 

4 hours ago, flashesbuck said:

If you have the time there’s a lot of excellent road along the way. 16 south of beckley through hungry mother park was awesome and the ride down through hot springs was epic. Been down 3 times in a little over a year and not the same way twice. Slabbing the whole way was my least favorite but as @what said it’s the fastest. It would be a long trip taking the scenic rout in one shot for you. Your a good couple hours further north than me. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2017 at 4:40 PM, flashesbuck said:

I trailered from Cleveland every trip I made to the Gap. Always wanted to ride but the time of year wasn't good for me to be able to take off more than 2 days at my work. Depending where you are at in Cleveland you can do 8 hours easy to the new place. Best I ever did was 8.5hrs with my 2500HD and had 2 bikes in the 6x12 enclosed and 1 in the bed driving through the night to avoid traffic. I also much preferred having a truck and trailer on the Dragon in the middle of the night 

With this now being in Townsend this year I don't see any reason why you can't do it in 8 hours

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1