Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

Didn't you guys have a rat or something like that in your cabin this year @max power

I thought Fontana was okay for what it was but yea things are getting run down but they still want to charge you the premium price. I mean lets face it $260 a night with tax for a cabin that is falling apart and shit don't work in it is a rip off.  

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Have you gentlemen ever looked into Ironhorse Lodge?

http://ironhorsenc.com/accommodations/cabin-rooms-bunkhouse/

Stayed there at my inaugural Gap trip.  Nice place, but it's out in the sticks in Lower Stecoah and have to preplan your riding around their meal times if you want to order from their abbreviated menu/meal schedule.  It is a nice place though

I was cool with the Fontana cabin we got last year. No rats or slow drains. Having 28 on my front doorstep was cool also as I took a day by myself to run the dragon and 28 all day. Well maybe not all day, I made my way to the skyway that day too and had it all to myself.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

I was cool with the Fontana cabin we got last year. No rats or slow drains. Having 28 on my front doorstep was cool also as I took a day by myself to run the dragon and 28 all day. Well maybe not all day, I made my way to the skyway that day too and had it all to myself.

image.jpeg

Yes. That's what I'm saying. 

This place just seems out of the way. But I've never been there so I don't know. You're welcome to get a cabin with us in Fontana. It's a ways out so who knows what I'll decide to do by then but I'm probably going back to Fontana and just meet up one evening or something 

Just now, MidgetTodd said:

Yes. That's what I'm saying. 

This place just seems out of the way. But I've never been there so I don't know. You're welcome to get a cabin with us in Fontana. It's a ways out so who knows what I'll decide to do by then but I'm probably going back to Fontana and just meet up one evening or something 

This upcoming year is going to be interesting in terms of vacation. I'll have 15 days including the 5 days I will roll over from this year. I know I'll probably spend much of my track time next year at Pitt Race and Nelsons as it's close and they run weekend days. Saying that out-loud makes me realize I may have time for another Gap trip next year. I need to get the suspension sorted on the SV or, get myself another super-sport. And a grom, because well, I've been wanting to ride a small bike on the Dragon.

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

It will be better. Townsend has places to eat, tubing, shops, etc. At Fontana, you're stuck with whatever they happen to have at the time. I'm excited for the new digs. 

Ease of going back and forth to the Gap on the Grom? It tops out at 65 now but will probably have a big bore kit on it by then 

4 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

It will be better. Townsend has places to eat, tubing, shops, etc. At Fontana, you're stuck with whatever they happen to have at the time. I'm excited for the new digs. 

And it's not in a dry county.

Look there is never a perfect solution for any thing, other than the electric chair. We make the trip, not the lodging. It could be in a cornfield in Iowa and we would have a blast.

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

No problem. No highway. It's a 35 mph out of Townsend to the Foothills Parkway. Then it's sweepers all the way to 129. The Grom is perfect. It's literally on the other side of the hill, Todd. 

Ok. That's helpful. 

I'll look at their website later tonight 

26 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Date is posted. Start planning. Come down and have a ball with us. 

Alrighty then....

Do NEO peeps ride or trailer down?  How long of a ride is it to get there? 

Is anyone looking for someone to split room expenses with? 

Is there any other helpful info that anyone can provide?

• Beer 1

WV-16 is an amazing road, can hook into US-421 (The Sssssssssnek) and a few other really cool roads on the way down too if you take the WV route.

I'm trailering because I'm bringing the CBR and Triumph along with wedding attire.

@jschaf - the CBR is yours as soon as we meet up in Suches. I'll have all my tools with me so we can set the suspension for you, I'll study up on how to set sag over winter :) 

Edited by what

7 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I take two days to ride down. I'll take WV-16 to Marion, VA and then meander across NC to Townsend. 

This^^^ Did this in August and it was awesome. Day 2 we headed down thru Hot Springs and across 28 to the gap. Great ride. I slabbed down in June and that was a long ride.