Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2018

Casper

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

Nope. I've talked to them a handful of times without any issues. Weird. Anyone else having an issue or isn't his Shawn's phone being possessed again? 

I take that back. Just tried to call to see if they're having issues and sure enough. 

On 8/7/2017 at 3:55 PM, max power said:

Anyone else had trouble reaching the Townsend motel by phone?

every time I try it either rings forever, says the Verizon customer can't be reached, robo answers and says it's an IP place and wants an extension number or some other fuckery.  

Drivin me nuts!

Their phones are back up. FYI. 

• 2 months later...

So as of right now I think I'll be heading down the weekend before you all arrive (16th or 17th), stay through that Friday and then head down to my sister's wedding in Suches the evening of the 22nd. Anyone else planning on making a week-long trip out of it? I may stay after the wedding for a bit too depending on how much time I can finagle from work. 

Edited by what

1 minute ago, what said:

So as of right now I think I'll be heading down the weekend before you all arrive (16th or 17th), stay through that Friday and then head down to my sister's wedding in Suches the evening of the 22nd. Anyone else planning on making a week-long trip out of it? I may stay after the wedding for a bit too depending on how much time I can finagle from work. 

If my wife goes we might make a whole week out of it and do the touristy thing in Gatlinburg in the beginning of the week. If for some reason she can't go me and @JustinNck1 thought about going down to Barber for a couple nights.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, Tonik said:

If you want, you can ride bitch on the whale, 40 minutes tops.

6 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

You could just stay the fuck home. 

1 hour ago, jbot said:

IP's sense of giving a singular fuck has fallen by the wayside

84866802.jpg

Edited by RidersDiscount

You little bitches really miss me. 

Except IP, his savagery is a term of endearment. 

Now. I was just asking you old bastards that have switched to cruisers and like to tour the country side. 

I however am still young and in control of my bowels so I prefer fast Gap passes. 

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

You little bitches really miss me. 

Except IP, his savagery is a term of endearment. 

Now. I was just asking you old bastards that have switched to cruisers and like to tour the country side. 

I however am still young and in control of my bowels so I prefer fast Gap passes. 

Townsend to the Gap in an hour is not fast. Not even close.

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MidgetTodd said:

Thanks Tim that's what I was asking in the beginning. Never been over there or even heard of this place. 

May stay in Fontana still and meet up with you guys at some point. Still a ways out to think about it. The Hulk and I like Fontana. 

Keep in mind Foothills is one of the best roads down there. Its 20 miles across, haul ass slighly tight sweepers. Jist gotta be cool in Townsend, those cops have no tolerance for schenanigans. 

7 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

That being said, why move it there?

Fontana always put up with our antics. Why are we going to an area that you already know won't? I'm lost on this I guess. Not bitching just trying see the reasoning, doesn't make sense 

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the main reason to switch locations was due to people having issues with the cabins at Fontana. 

7 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Fontana always put up with our antics. Why are we going to an area that you already know won't? I'm lost on this I guess. Not bitching just trying see the reasoning, doesn't make sense 

There were a large number of peeps that go that had started to hate the place. It has fallen into disrepair. If my wife had been with me last year we would have had to stay somewhere else. My room was filthy. Add in the fact that its not near anything if you need a store, or restaurant there was a pretty big push to move it 

Yea, Fontana was cool with out games. And so will the new place. I was speaking of the cops in Townsend and speeding.

19 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

I've only been to Fontana one time and that was the June gap trip. Thought it was ok not the greatest but not bad. No cell service kinda sucked but right on 28 was a plus. 

Stayed at Townsend gateway  a week in August and really liked it. There's cell service, a couple really good restaurants, grocery store,laundromat and even a nice coffee shop all within a mile. The rooms are very clean and there's even a fire pit out beside the pool. There's plenty of good road heading out of Townsend. Across foothills and left to the dragon (30min) or right and around to the skyway. Also I believe it's called fighting creek rd that takes you over to the bypass and thru the park. 

There both decent places but for my money I already booked in Townsend for both my trips next year.