Babe Ride Out

tall_tracy

7 hours ago, hiro said:

One thing I want to know is how did you deal with wind noise for 1300 miles? It would kill me by 130 miles. Might be time for a new helmet.

Get some ear plugs! I ride a supermoto with a dirt bike helmet and wind noise is not really a problem with ear plugs. However I wont ride more than 10 miles or go over 45mph without ear plugs.

9 hours ago, hiro said:

One thing I want to know is how did you deal with wind noise for 1300 miles? It would kill me by 130 miles. Might be time for a new helmet.

I have ear plugs and a new helmet.  I bought a Shoei GT-Air which is built for a naked bike like mine and is worlds quieter than my RF-1200.  I used to think my RF-1200 was quiet until I rode with the GT-Air - what a difference.  I have no-noise ear plugs that filter out noise (wind, etc) but still allow you to hear music thru a Sena.  I recommend the ear plugs as well as the helmet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wolfman1 said:

Glad you had a great time and home safe Tracy!  Sucks for the girl that went down, hope she recovers quickly.

If she "went down", she must have been one of the lesbians, no?

2 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

I have ear plugs and a new helmet.  I bought a Shoei GT-Air which is built for a naked bike like mine and is worlds quieter than my RF-1200.  I used to think my RF-1200 was quiet until I rode with the GT-Air - what a difference.  I have no-noise ear plugs that filter out noise (wind, etc) but still allow you to hear music thru a Sena.  I recommend the ear plugs as well as the helmet.

Which earplugs do you have? I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019M576XW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

I was wondering about that; the riding position my helmet was designed for. Plus, the internal shape is probably not ideal. I always use foam earplugs. The problem for me is turbulence at the base of the helmet behind my neck, unless I tip my chin up a little.

13 minutes ago, hiro said:

I was wondering about that; the riding position my helmet was designed for. Plus, the internal shape is probably not ideal. I always use foam earplugs. The problem for me is turbulence at the base of the helmet behind my neck, unless I tip my chin up a little.

You might try one of these: http://www.nojgear.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=1821

4 minutes ago, Qman said:

They don't seem to help the area behind the neck. I do have a Windjammer that I could try again. I don't want to hijack the thread though.

Wow, 1300 miles is a lot. I just looked at riding to Charlotte, NC and it's only 440 miles. Only 1/3 of the trip!

14 hours ago, hiro said:

ear plugs and bluetooth helmet speakers. Was the best mod I ever did 

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

ear plugs and bluetooth helmet speakers. Was the best mod I ever did 

Agreed, until you can't get a cell signal, then you have to sing to yourself in your helmet...  

I couldn't get a cell signal in the campground at all.  Not really a big deal for me, except that I couldn't send my family texts that I had made it to our destination without incident.

3 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Agreed, until you can't get a cell signal, then you have to sing to yourself in your helmet...  

I couldn't get a cell signal in the campground at all.  Not really a big deal for me, except that I couldn't send my family texts that I had made it to our destination without incident.

Good news is cell signal isn't needed for Bluetooth connection if the music is saved on your phone!

6 hours ago, hiro said:

What speeds did you reach? No problem without a windscreen?

Maybe 85-87. We mostly cruised around 80.  The wind in NY was rough at certain points so I would tuck to give my neck a break from the wind.

3 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Sounds like a good time.  I would have liked pics of some of the other 'so claimed' ladies.  

Well I'm sure you could check Instagram for #Babesrideouteastcoast2 and find plenty of pics... lol

• Upvote 1