Trip to the Dragon

durk

My daughter and I will be leaving for Deals Gap this Tuesday. We are trailering the bike down and staying at the Dragon Pitt Inn. The plan is to arrive Tuesday around 3-4pm and take a run through the Tail and let her check out Deals Gap and Killboy. Wednesday we're going to run Tonik's route. Thursday we're going to ride Foothills Parkway, 209, a small section of BRP, run the tail 1 more time then back to the truck at the Pitt, load up and make the 9 hr trek back home. Maybe we'll see some of you down there. Weather looks like it is going to be awesome. 

As of now Wednesday timing wise I think I might be able to meet up with what or hellmutt snot by noon. I was thinking quick gap run and skyway, but if you guys are doing the loop I might run it backwards and try and meet you as well. Only problem is with so many bikes and all sort of gear it will be near impossible to recognize on the road :) 

I was planning to take 28 first then return on Cherohala. I can go the opposite direction and we can plan a meet time and spot if that works. I'm headed to bed now. We can discuss tomorrow. 

We made it to Maryville yesterday in time to ride 100 miles. Trip down and up the Dragon. Ran over to Fontana Dam as well. We are 20 miles from Highlands now. Pics later. Service is rare. AT&T ?  Traffic has been pretty light everywhere so far. Had 3 pretty clean runs on the Dragon 

• Upvote 1

Got home this morning at 1:30am. My daughter and I rode 740 miles while in the Deals Gap area. We had a blast. Day 1 was 100 miles at Tail and down to Fontana Dam. Day 2 was beautiful weather 350 miles on Tonik's route. We were gone for 11hrs. Day 3 we got a little damp on our way to the Gambler, but it turned out great. The ride on the Gambler was pretty dry and by the time we got to BRP roads were completely dry. We really got into a rhythm as we blasted up 28 on our way back to the Tail and made our way back to the truck to head home. We rode 290 miles in 6.5 hours. My daughter is a champ. She rode more miles in 2.5 days than a lot guys would even think about. She was sad we had to come home.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Good to here you guys had a fun and safe trip Durk. 

Thanks Jerry. Are you still on the road or are you home now as well?

Day 3 Foothills 

aDfLIOJ.jpg

utBR0mv.jpg

Moonshiner 28

Mrco052.png

aKPRBJH.png

Last trip through the Dragon 

zAnjjvG.png

Loaded up and ready to make our way home

oVqeljv.jpg

By the way we ate lunch at the Dragon Pitt before heading home. I had the BBQ pork sandwich. I feel it was the best meal I ate the whole time I was in the area. My daughter also enjoyed the burger she had. I would recommend eating there based on our experience.

11 hours ago, durk said:

Thanks Jerry. Are you still on the road or are you home now as well?

Still out. Hanging at my daughters in Sharpsburg Ga. Going to start home Monday. Got to ride with her yesterday. She has a Sportster. Went to the Pine Mountain area and FDR State Park. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2