Need tires

Killer_kaw

Well thanks to a nice chunk of rust steel I'll be needing tires before the gap trip. Figure I'll pick up a set of angel GT's tomorrow. Anyone here tried dunlop roadsmart 3.  

IMG_2608.JPG

I have ran half a dozen sets of Angel GTs and I thought they are one of the best performance Sport Touring tires, but the mileage on heavier bikes wasn't the best. Until now. For the same amount of money, I got the Roadsmart 3s plus a rebate. So far i got a couple hundred miles on them, and I would say they turn in better than any other sport touring tire (I've tried Angel GTs, BT023s, T30s, & PR4s). If i get mileage remotely close to what the reviews are saying, I will be buying more of them in the future.

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

@JustinNck1 just spooned on a set of roadsmart Threes this weekend don't think he's got any time on them yet though. I'd make you a sweet deal on a set Stones 023s but Logistics would be a pain

Give them to @what He is our tire logistics guy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I have ran half a dozen sets of Angel GTs and I thought they are one of the best performance Sport Touring tires, but the mileage on heavier bikes wasn't the best. Until now. For the same amount of money, I got the Roadsmart 3s plus a rebate. So far i got a couple hundred miles on them, and I would say they turn in better than any other sport touring tire (I've tried Angel GTs, BT023s, T30s, & PR4s). If i get mileage remotely close to what the reviews are saying, I will be buying more of them in the future.

Im curious to see what mileage you get.  GTs are my current go to.  I've gotten some really good deals on them with rebates.

I ran Roadsmart 2s for street use on my ZX14 for years, but rarely got better than 4k out of them.  Maybe the RS3s are better?  The Angel GTs have been wonderful on my Sprint so far, and at about 4k miles they still look great and show little wear.  I went standard spec on mine, SprintGT only weighs about 590 wet, so the A-spec may be even more tolerant.  They've got an elliptical profile so there's more of a footprint on the highway, but tip in doesn't feel negatively affected to where I dislike them.  I'd compare the tip in feel of a 55 profile Angel GT to a common 50 profile tire, so if you're a 55 or 60 fan just beware these wont feel quite as good...but they still perform excellent imo.

Thanks for the info. Been thru 3 sets of the angels with no issues. Will be a toss up between those and roadsmart 3. Gonna ride up tonight and see what pony has. 

For the price of a t30 GT rear I'll sell you my set of new 023s for think it's  $150, it's a 190 50 rear. And there is a guy 10 miles from me that will mount and balance for $15 per tire off the bike. So it would be $180 for a new set mounted. Probably can't even get a front for that at Pony.

Sure, just load my car up with tires. $30/tire for transport to the gap. Give me all your tires. All of them. 

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

For the price of a t30 GT rear I'll sell you my set of new 023s for think it's  $150, it's a 190 50 rear. And there is a guy 10 miles from me that will mount and balance for $15 per tire off the bike. So it would be $180 for a new set mounted. Probably can't even get a front for that at Pony.

not a bad deal. 

Edited by what

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Saw this post after I ordered a set. Thanks anyway. It probably would have worked out. I ordered Roadsmart 3 next day shipping right at $250 set after rebate. I do my own mount and balance. Really surprised next day shipping wasn't more. $19

On 5/29/2017 at 7:48 PM, JustinNck1 said:

Agreed about turn in. Got the roadsmart 3s mounted up and a few hundred miles on them. Running same pressures they seem to give a little softer ride and definitely drop in quicker than angel gt. That's gonna take some getting use to but so far nice ride and the grip seems good. 

Edited by Killer_kaw