Ohio Scenic,Historic Or Just Unusal Sites And Landmarks

trentwilson43056

Ok folks here the point of making this post .I propose posting photos of  exceptionally scenic views,historic landmarks,points of interest,or anything very unusual that would warrant being a destination point or way point on a day ride within the state of Ohio.With the photo I challenge all readers to add either GPS coordinates or street address so other riders who would be interested in seeing that point could easily find the point.Here would be an example.The address of the following photos is  11807 Rock Run Rd NE, Frazeysburg, Ohio 43822. Information easily attained with todays technology.I think it would be way cool. I posted this from home the day after my ride.

Picture0528170920_1.jpg

Picture0528170908_1.jpg

Picture0528170924_1.jpg

Upper Darby Creek bridge, new-build Pratt bridge just around the corner from Pottersburg Bridge and Spain Creek Bridge.

Lat. / Long.: N 40.249187   W 83.533454

Big_Darby_20150812_181232.jpg

Big_Darby_20150812_181918.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kissing bridge I think I don't know where it is anymoreKissing bridge I think I don't know where it is anymore I think it's off of 26 or 800 South of woodsField

image.jpeg

Edited by marlboro man
  • Upvote 1

Bigelow 

Lat. / Long.: N 40.115738   W 83.425214
Traffic Allowed: Vehicles
Built in: 1873
Truss Type: Partridge

Found this out explorering my area the other day. Thanks for the link @Hellmutt that will give a site to pick random bridges to see and an excuse to explore new areas I have not been too. 

IMG_0893.JPG

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2017 at 8:51 PM, marlboro man said:

Kissing bridge I think I don't know where it is anymoreKissing bridge I think I don't know where it is anymore I think it's off of 26 or 800 South of woodsField

image.jpeg

That is the Knowlton Covered Bridge just north of Rinard Mills off of 26. Short gravel road back to it.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a good start to a game of bike-tag, as they tend to do over at the ADV site.

Anyhow...here is a place with an interesting name...near Beverly, Ohio.  Along the Muskingum river.

IMG_20170305_150326624_zpsnpjs1xvi.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

So much power you're curling the front of the bridge right off the ground :bow:

The bridge was collapsing due to my fat, old aged beef ass. I was forced to pin it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, trentwilson43056 said:

If you're heading for Kiedaisch   Point you may as well take a $3 ferry ride from Fly,Ohio across the Ohio river to Sistersville,WV.It'sre State Route 800 meets the Ohio River.

1120131452.jpg

1120131458.jpg

Is this ferry back up and running now??

• Upvote 1