Persistent logins broken.

Tonik

Persistent logins across devices has always been tenuous at OR, but now it has broken completely for me.

What happens is if you sign out of one device, it signs you out of all of them.  So last night when I was testing something at Casper's request I signed out.

So all my devices got signed out...and now I can't stay signed in to any of them if I sign into another.  Sign into one, the others get signed out..sign in to those and the first one gets signed out.

This sucks.

Edited by Tonik

I found this on IPB's site: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/428866-logging-in-will-log-out-all-other-devices/

According to that, it has always been this way and will be fixed in 4.2 (beta now, GA very soon). Seems odd though since that's clearly not the case. It's working fine for me, and had been working fine for you. 

What was the max number of persistent logins allowed per account?  I THINK I may have asked this before, but I really don't remember.  From my experience, when I login on a fourth device it will get things all screwed up on the other three for a while.

22 minutes ago, jporter12 said:

What was the max number of persistent logins allowed per account?  I THINK I may have asked this before, but I really don't remember.  From my experience, when I login on a fourth device it will get things all screwed up on the other three for a while.

He has it broke so bad now the max number is one. Don't log out of anyrhing man, you could very well be screwed 

35 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So either IP made a bug report and patch just for me, or you're a dumbass.

Have you tried logging out from everything, clear cookies, log in on one device, then log into second? 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

Have you tried logging out from everything, clear cookies, log in on one device, then log into second? 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Yes I'm a trained professional. Wouldn't worry about it, it's a known issue with a fix being tested.

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Worse for just you on here? 

And many others, per the thread you linked to.  Used to be able to clear cookies on all devices and fix it.

1 minute ago, Casper said:

I can clear your sessions from the db if you'd like to try with a clean slate. 

Go for it, can't be any worse than it is now. Logging out of everything and clearing cookies.  Quote me when it is done and I will try then.